Leonard's Grant: The Day Civil Rights Died - 911

Clem_Shady

I wonder why the real estate agent in the model home didn't call the police instead of calling Radon Headquarters to consult with them about what to do with me?

:whistle:

R

retiredweaxman

Welcome back A_B...thought you had a life time ban...

You deleted threads a while back because someone posted your name and address...and you complained about death threats. So, what do you do for an encore???

You post an unedited version of the 911 call that includes your neighborhood and your full name!!! Due to the wind in the background of your cell phone, you even spelled out your last name for the operator. You even left the model home's agent's description of you on the tape...

So, not only do people know your name and address, now they can identify you by the description!!!

Clem_Shady

The Police Reports Obtained

Scanned copies of the police reports and emails obtained with a Freedom of Information request.

:whistle:

Clem_Shady

Welcome back A_B...thought you had a life time ban...

You deleted threads a while back because someone posted your name and address...and you complained about death threats. So, what do you do for an encore???

You post an unedited version of the 911 call that includes your neighborhood and your full name!!! Due to the wind in the background of your cell phone, you even spelled out your last name for the operator. You even left the model home's agent's description of you on the tape...

So, not only do people know your name and address, now they can identify you by the description!!!

And they know I have a "Great Dane."

:jameo:

glhs837

Power with Control
Was he wrong? Sure. Was he wrong with evil intent? Nah, I'll bet he did what he thought was right to defuse an incident. Not because QBHI employs officers, but because the way he did it, nobody got arrested, and situation was defused.

I would say to see a layer, who knows. But, since you were not arrested, your chances of getting anywhere in court are slim, I think. Chasey, emergency was the suspicion that he might have had bad things in the bag, or have his dog bite someone. If the officers don't respond to that, they are negligent. Officer should have asked to see the contents of said bag, and asked the man his intentions, though.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Interesting.

My question is, is the sidewalk in front of your house considered yours and private property? Because if it is, then you were indeed trespassing and the builder was right in calling the cops to shoo you away.

I thought you were protesting outside your own house, not the model. Now I understand why the builder is having such a problem.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized

You post an unedited version of the 911 call that includes your neighborhood and your full name!!!
:lol: He is probably the last person on these Forums that anyone would refer to as an "intellectual".

His art skillz aren't all that sharp either. :lmao:

Clem_Shady

Interesting.

My question is, is the sidewalk in front of your house considered yours and private property? Because if it is, then you were indeed trespassing and the builder was right in calling the cops to shoo you away.

I thought you were protesting outside your own house, not the model. Now I understand why the builder is having such a problem.

The sidewalks are part of the "common areas" of the subdivision. I'm a resident. I have to the right to use the common areas.

I never stepped foot on the lawn of the model home.

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I watched the video, and I never did get a clear picture of what the "911 emergency" was. Anybody?

Gist:

QBHI called the cops on Clem because he was protesting outside the model home with a "suspicious" black bag, which actually contained a rug and water for the dog plus a thermos of coffee for himself. Clem then called 911 to get them to record the encounter with the cop because he was concerned about the cop being, um, overzealous.

So, to recap:

Bag = suspicious, worthy of a 911 call

Cop convo = not necessarily an emergency, but I believe that's the only way he could have gotten the encounter recorded. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

R

retiredweaxman

One of A_B's main complaints was the Officer walked right past him without saying hi...

Well, A_B was the person that the Police were summoned to get off the sidewalk. The Policeman was under no obligation to say, "hi" or to acknowledge him in any way. After all, based on the info the Cop had from the 911 call, A_B was possibly breaking the law. What did A_B want, to have a cup of coffee with the Officer?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
... because the way he did it, nobody got arrested, and situation was defused.
That after Mr. S-H-U-P-E was "sure" they would have a "confrontation". Probably took every ounce of restraint to not smack him with a rubber mallet.

glhs837

Power with Control
Interesting.

Sidewalks are usually public property, although the homeowner has the responsibility to keep them clear of snow. This is a subdivision, though, and property that isn't the homeowners is "common area", owned by the HOA.

Clem_Shady

Hence the AG issuing this opinion:

What the Attorney General told the State Police:

Attachments

• ag.opinion.jpg
    ag.opinion.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 155

Clem_Shady

One of A_B's main complaints was the Officer walked right past him without saying hi...

Well, A_B was the person that the Police were summoned to get off the sidewalk. The Policeman was under no obligation to say, "hi" or to acknowledge him in any way. After all, based on the info the Cop had from the 911 call, A_B was possibly breaking the law. What did A_B want, to have a cup of coffee with the Officer?

So, you're saying that everyone in law enforcement with the exception of Sheriff Cameron is ignorant of the law?

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The sidewalks are part of the "common areas" of the subdivision. I'm a resident. I have to the right to use the common areas.

I see. But do you have the right to be a nuisance? This is an interesting legal situation.

So what ended up happening? I only got about 5 mins into it. Did the cop make you move along?

glhs837

Power with Control

That after Mr. S-H-U-P-E was "sure" they would have a "confrontation". Probably took every ounce of restraint to not smack him with a rubber mallet.

now, folks, dont let your dislike for AB color your responses.

Weax, no, the officer is under no obligation to be polite. But its good policy. When pulled over for speeeding, the officer knows damn well I have broken the law, but I have always been spoken to politely. just makes the officer/citizen interaction better for all involved.

Hvp, he was sure the officer wasn't going to have a discussion, but a one way conversation, with him doing what the officer wanted, or else. And he was right. Did he tell the operator confrontation, or conversation?