contractors in SoMD

bullet

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on the name(s) of general contractors local? I'd like to have my kitchen remodeled.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on the name(s) of general contractors local? I'd like to have my kitchen remodeled.

Ask Clem_Shady. He's got a real crackerjack contractor on his speed dial.

There you go, Clem. Got you a "cracker" reference finally.

SamIam2You

Dean Lumber did an excellant job for me, pricey but when I heard them sweating a 1/32 gap I smiled.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Do a search for "cabinets" and you'll get a ton of information on kitchen remodeling.

There's a place up in Hughsville that is highly recommended, but I can't remember the name. There's Beautiful Kitchens in Hollywood, but I haven't heard anything about them, that I recall.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Dean Lumber did an excellant job for me, pricey but when I heard them sweating a 1/32 gap I smiled.

Dean did my countertops and cabinets. Loved the cabinets, but the countertop will be poorly fitted until I replace it. It's about an inch short on one end, and doesn't have as much hangover on one section. Bad cut, rush job.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
We used SoMD Kitchens and Bath for part of our kitchen remodel last year. I would recommend that you DO NOT call them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
where are you located? The guy that did two of mine in the last couple years is aces..I know he has a bunch on his plate now because that is holding up another of mine I want done, but he's connected to some of the best cabinet and counter people I've yet seen in terms of the quality of what has been installed in my kitchens.

All custom though..solid hardwood cabinets and Corian or granite counters..

SamIam2You

Dean did my countertops and cabinets. Loved the cabinets, but the countertop will be poorly fitted until I replace it. It's about an inch short on one end, and doesn't have as much hangover on one section. Bad cut, rush job.

They subcontracted out my countertop to solid stone who also did an excellant job. Snug fit and very level. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Clem_Shady

What a coincidence.

Dean put my gas range under the left side of the kitchen cabinets.

And my counters are also too short.

And my kitchen faucet hits the window sill when you turn on the water.

Nice to hear they hosed someone else's house up too.

:popcorn:

Attachments

• stove.gone.bad.jpg
    stove.gone.bad.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 113

officeguy

I had a bunch of millwork done by Dean. Wasn't cheap but all the counters fit without gaps and everything is solid.