Found: Mama hound dog

idiganthro

Yes, I know this goes in the pet section, and it's there also. Wanted to get maximum viewage as we cannot keep her.

We have the sweetest mama dog (well, she has big dangling "feeders" anyway) hanging around our house since yesterday. Friendship School/Jones Road area. She is brown and white, with very short hair. She looks like a hound or beagle mix to me. She needs a bath and some TLC, but she is quite the sweetie. I think she is an outside dog- very loyal as the little kindness we've shown her promted her to sleep by our garage door all night. Please contact me if you are missing her or know someone who is.

Attachments

• dog.JPG
    dog.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 108
  • dog2.JPG
    dog2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Buzzlightyear3

I've never seen her before, but wanted to thank you for showing such kindness to this poor dog. We live off of McIntosh Road and over the years we have rescued over five hound dogs who were either dumped or lost.

If we didn't already have three dogs, I'd take her. Do you think she may be hiding her puppies somewhere nearby? You might want to try Second Hope Rescue to see if they could maybe take her.

It's nice to know there are people like you who care.

idiganthro

Thanks for being so nice! We fed her last night and put her in the back yard, happily she didn't seem interested in my chickens! But then after awhile my husband let her out because she was ranging up and down the fence and howling. She isn't ours afterall, and we didn't know if she has puppies, or quite what to do. Well, we haven't seen her since, she didn't show up for food this morning. I was worried I'd see her beside the road today, but no sign of her at all.

Yesterday I stopped at the feed mill and one of the farmers from near me expressed some interest in possibly adopting her himself, or one of his kin. Hopefully she is safe somewhere or has returned home!

If she doesn't show up again by tonight I'll remove my posts.

Thanks again. Just hate seeing animals not being taken care of.