STRL Training Today

edinsomd

No surprises, did the -101 on line course. All I can say is....

NSPS Lite. *yawn* I give it two years.

BernieP

Resident PIA
No surprises, did the -101 on line course. All I can say is....

NSPS Lite. *yawn* I give it two years.

There is nothing wrong with the concept, but there are problems with how it was implemented. It's not something new, it is what private industry has done for a long time.

1. in private industry the person doing your review is the person you are working for - your supervisor. In NAVAIR your supervisory doesn't see you but 2 times a year becasue of the way in which the "competency aligned" works.
2. in private industry you know what your supervisor thinks and how he rewareded you. In NAVAIR all you get back is what the "Pay pool rating". Your supervisor can't tell you what he put you in for, only what the result was. I think people long suspected the "pay pool panel" would be used for some funny business. Suprise, the last round on NSPS was a perfect fit on the standard distribution curve.
3. Like everything, we are starting down a path with lots of fancy words, but nothing to back them up. When we did NSPS training peopled asked specific questions to only be met with, "Well NAVAIR hasn't written that business case yet". They didn't have the details worked out before going to the employees. During the course of NSPS it also became clear different competencis had different rules, or should I say they had differing approaches to how the system worked.

So, how many new "supervisor' billets will this system require to meet the paper work requirements.