WTH is wrong with Maryland's Government?

There is now a bill before the MD Senate that will allow illegal immigrants in Maryland to attend college at in-state tuition rates. WTF? Of course, the illegal, or their parents, have to provide proof that they pay taxes. Hey morons! If they're illegal, there's probably a real good chance they don't have a SS# (unless that too is illegally gotten), so how the hell do they pay taxes? And, if they have a legitimate SS#, and they apply for the in-state tuition, does MD think the illegals are going to tell anyone they are illegals? Someone please tell me what the hell I'm missing here!

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
There is now a bill before the MD Senate that will allow illegal immigrants in Maryland to attend college at in-state tuition rates. WTF? Of course, the illegal, or their parents, have to provide proof that they pay taxes. Hey morons! If they're illegal, there's probably a real good chance they don't have a SS# (unless that too is illegally gotten), so how the hell do they pay taxes? And, if they have a legitimate SS#, and they apply for the in-state tuition, does MD think the illegals are going to tell anyone they are illegals? Someone please tell me what the hell I'm missing here!

Please tell me too...
I'm a married mother of 2 and have applied time and time again for grants and even the FPG. I was told that my husband makes too much money even though I am/was a stay at home mom. We are barely getting by week to week. WTF? They base my education on his salary---- and here they're willing to allow illegal immigrants to attend college at in-state tuition rates...Are you kidding me?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Oh come on, perhaps O'Malley is smarter than we all think... he will gather all the illegals together after they show up for their hand outs and ship them all back home. I think it is a brilliant idea! :yay:

RPMDAD

Pretty much agree with ya'll. I was a little shocked to see this while the state is cutting public school funding in Md.

Got a real kick out of Miller.

"How do you calculate the advantage of someone getting a college education?" said Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr., D-Prince George's and Calvert counties.
Too bad he doesn't try to help the taxpayers kids.
And it only is going to cost the taxpayers????

The costs to Maryland of about $3.5 million by fiscal 2016 were calculated by the state's independent Department of Legislative Services.

The Eastern shore rep sounds like he has some sense.

"What this bill creates, in effect, is a new financial burden on the counties," said Senate Minority Leader E.J. Pipkin, a Republican from the Eastern Shore. "I think some counties are going to view this as an unfunded mandate sent to them by the state."

Md. DREAM Act would cost millions | Hayley Peterson | Maryland | Washington Examiner

BernieP

Resident PIA
What is wrong?

Well I heard today that they just passed a law to ban reading or sending text messages.... WAIT, didn't they already pass a law on the use of cell phones? Why yes, but apparently that was for making or recieving calls.
:killingme