Letters To Maxie

GopherM

Darwin was right
This is not really related to Southern Maryland, but many of you have fought in wars far far away. The husband of a woman I went to high school with has published his letter home from Viet Nam. I imagine the same type of letters, emails and instant messages are streaming back and forth to and from loved ones yet again in other wars far far away. Hopefully some of you will find meaning in the letters. Hopefully we can all find some insight.

Dear Maxie, Letters from Vietnam

Thanks to Gary for making these letters available to us.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
This is not really related to Southern Maryland, but many of you have fought in wars far far away. The husband of a woman I went to high school with has published his letter home from Viet Nam. I imagine the same type of letters, emails and instant messages are streaming back and forth to and from loved ones yet again in other wars far far away. Hopefully some of you will find meaning in the letters. Hopefully we can all find some insight.

Dear Maxie, Letters from Vietnam

Thanks to Gary for making these letters available to us.

Wow, I haven't read through all these letters yet but the letters I did read bring back memories for sure. My Dad was also over there and had gotten married to my Mom shortly before he left. Dad wrote my Mom so many letters that she kept in shoeboxes. I found them years later and asked them if I could read them. Mom and I read through them one day, Dad wanted nothing to do with it. It was hard to even get him to talk about the war.

These letters were eye opening, for sure. I learned more about the war from those letters than from any text book. And the love they shared is amazing. They were married 39 years, until Dad passed 2.5 years ago.

Thanks for sharing!

GopherM

Darwin was right
Wow, I haven't read through all these letters yet but the letters I did read bring back memories for sure. My Dad was also over there and had gotten married to my Mom shortly before he left. Dad wrote my Mom so many letters that she kept in shoeboxes. I found them years later and asked them if I could read them. Mom and I read through them one day, Dad wanted nothing to do with it. It was hard to even get him to talk about the war.

These letters were eye opening, for sure. I learned more about the war from those letters than from any text book. And the love they shared is amazing. They were married 39 years, until Dad passed 2.5 years ago.

Thanks for sharing!

Don't thank me. Go to the Home page at the site and sign the guest book. I am sure he would like to know that there are other people out there that kept letters that mean so much to them as well. What will amaze you if you read through the comments he left is that many of the posters are Vietnamese still living there. It seems to have touched them as much as us.