We're in the last moments of world history...

baydoll

..as we know it.

From one of my favorite Pastors:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xoMcSTlvFzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have to be away for a while (I know, I know! This will disappoint libby and Radiant and a few others on here I'm sure, lol!) so I won't be able to respond to this thread. But I do hope you will take the time to watch this video (he is an excellent Bible teacher) and take everything Pastor J. D. says in this video to heart. Please prayerfully consider what he says. In the meantime, I will be praying for everyone here. God bless you all and I will hopefully see you all real soon.

Starman3000m

Great and timely message - should have all taking a serious look at the developing situations in this world and how these relate to Christ's prophetic words from the Holy Bible.

Have a good time away baydoll.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Isn't every minute the last minute of world history as we know it? And haven't natural disasters and world unrest been a part of life since the beginning of time?

Zguy28

Isn't every minute the last minute of world history as we know it? And haven't natural disasters and world unrest been a part of life since the beginning of time?
Yes.

I don't get spun up over natural disasters or false teachers etc since Jesus said that all these things were already happening in the First Century and so the master of the house can come anytime. I know some on here disagree with me, but hey, when it comes to eschatology, to each their own. My eschatology does not require a new Jewish temple to be rebuilt or a pre-tribulation rapture and all of that stuff.

Here is a decent overview of what I believe: Week 2 Classic Premillennialism « Models of Eschatology

Starman3000m

"As in the days of Noah..."

But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Matthew 24:37-39)

The thing is, people should be ready at any moment to be right with God, regardless of what the world situations are.

Zguy28

"As in the days of Noah..."

The thing is, people should be ready at any moment to be right with God, regardless of what the world situations are.
Exactly.

As the good Reverend Cleophus James would say:

And now, people... And now, people... When I woke up this mornin', I heard a distubin' sound. I said When I woke up this mornin', I heard a disturbin' sound! What I heard was the jingle-jangle of a thousand lost souls! I'm talkin' 'bout the souls of mortal men and women, departed from this life. Wait a minute! Those lost angry souls roamin' unseen on the earth, seekin' to find life they'll not find, because it's too late! Tooooo late, yeah! Too late for they'll never see again the life they choose not to follow. Alright! Alright! Don't be lost when your time comes! For the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night!
[breaks into singing the Old Landmark]

foodcritic

Yes.

I don't get spun up over natural disasters or false teachers etc since Jesus said that all these things were already happening in the First Century and so the master of the house can come anytime. I know some on here disagree with me, but hey, when it comes to eschatology, to each their own. My eschatology does not require a new Jewish temple to be rebuilt or a pre-tribulation rapture and all of that stuff.

Here is a decent overview of what I believe: Week 2 Classic Premillennialism « Models of Eschatology

I think most of us are premillenial.
But to each is own is a stretch. The bible should be the key to what will take place. A to each his own motto would not apply to many important doctrines. :buddies:

PreWrath Ministries

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
As the famous - though somewhat false - Native American saying "Today is a good day to die" implies, even if you know humanity will survive for another millenniium, you cannot be sure of your own time.

Party on! :buddies:

foodcritic

1 Thes 5:
1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.(to the un-believer) 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman(did you not know you were pregnant for 9 months), and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5
:yahoo:

Starman3000m

The example here was for non believers that were partying....not believers.

Exactly Right! However, I'd say we do have a few non-believers reading these threads in the religious forum and scoffing at the Biblical discussions.

The example is (for non-believers) to Heed the Warning that one needs to turn to Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Last edited:

foodcritic

Exactly Right! However, I'd say we do have a few non-believers reading these threads in the religious forum and scoffing at the Biblical discussions.

The example is to Heed the Warning that one needs to turn to Christ as Lord and Saviour.

my point was the issue of immanency of His return. Noah spent 100 years building. The building of the ark was a sign to the unbelievers of God's coming judgment. Then the rain for 40 days. Another sign of coming judgment. Then the rest is history so to speak.....

Starman3000m

my point was the issue of immanency of His return. Noah spent 100 years building. The building of the ark was a sign to the unbelievers of God's coming judgment. Then the rain for 40 days. Another sign of coming judgment. Then the rest is history so to speak.....

Agreed. However, throughout those 100 years people were ridiculing Noah just as many today ridicule the surge of Bible Prophecy comments by believers whenever major disasters occur. Scoffers proclaim, "Ah..so what? Disasters have been happening throughout the years and Jesus still hasn't returned."

Sure, it's been 2000+ years since Jesus' warnings but when Judgment comes upon this world the unbelievers will not be able to say that they had not been warned - Just as in the days of Noah.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As the famous - though somewhat false - Native American saying "Today is a good day to die" implies, even if you know humanity will survive for another millenniium, you cannot be sure of your own time.

Yeah..that.

I pick my religous affiliation based on whoever is today's pick for having Armageddon the farthest out in time. I'm a Buddhist at the moment....had to give up the Mayan thing; it was getting too close.

Zguy28

I think most of us are premillenial.
But to each is own is a stretch. The bible should be the key to what will take place. A to each his own motto would not apply to many important doctrines. :buddies:

PreWrath Ministries
I think you know in what context I was speaking.

1 Thes 5:
Quote:
1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.(to the un-believer) 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman(did you not know you were pregnant for 9 months), and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5
the Lord Jesus WILL come like a thief in the night to all people. There is no differentiation in that text.

Paul contextually says "be ready when He comes suddenly."

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

I thought Klingons said that? I know Worf did in one of the Star Trek movies. (with the TNG gang).

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'd say we do have a few non-believers reading these threads in the religious forum and scoffing at the Biblical discussions.
:howdy:

The example is (for non-believers) to Heed the Warning that one needs to turn to Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Hasn't worked yet. You can keep trying. If god wants me to be saved, he will find a way for you to make it happen.

I thought Klingons said that?
:lol: I'm sure it has been used and adapted for quite a few applications.