Brewsters

ginwoman

Never had ice cream from there. Hubby is there now picking us up a pint of something. I told him to "surprise me". I'm sure whatever he gets will be delish!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
bruster's is yummmmy. Their cake batter is so good, like eating frozen sugary butter.

great. Now I have to stop and get some. Thanks :cds:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I so miss ice cream. I gave up sugar and most high carb foods 19 months ago. Enjoy a few spoonfuls for me please.

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
:otter: :twitch: :notworthy

I've tried to cut back my sugar intake to next to nil many times... heh. Not happening... :lol:

I have learned to deal with temptation and allow myself a treat every now and again. In the end though I am much healthier, happier and if that means no ice cream then that is the trade off. I can still fantasize about it though.:killingme

ginwoman

I so miss ice cream. I gave up sugar and most high carb foods 19 months ago. Enjoy a few spoonfuls for me please.

Did you lose a lot of weight? I am addicted to Pepsi and get cranky and sick feeling till' I have the first (and usually only) one of the day. That is my heroin I guess. I cannot imagine giving up sugar and carbs (carbs is bread right?) So what do you eat now?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Did you lose a lot of weight? I am addicted to Pepsi and get cranky and sick feeling till' I have the first (and usually only) one of the day. That is my heroin I guess. I cannot imagine giving up sugar and carbs (carbs is bread right?) So what do you eat now?

Yes I did lose weight. Sorry to hijack your ice cream thread though. I allow myself one diet soda per day. Sometimes I have a cup of coffee or hot tea with splenda. Other than that I drink crystal light and water. As far as food goes if it is white it ain't right. I have had two pieces of bread and maybe ten low carb tortillas in the last 19 months. I eat lots of fresh veggies and lean meats. Some times I add in a handful of nuts or some fruit. I splurge every now and again but I have learned my limits. Sometimes I get tempted to overstep the boundaries but I have been pretty good at realing myself back in. The great side is that it is nice to buy new smaller clothes.

So how was that ice cream?

mamaof1

Yes I did lose weight. Sorry to hijack your ice cream thread though. I allow myself one diet soda per day. Sometimes I have a cup of coffee or hot tea with splenda. Other than that I drink crystal light and water. As far as food goes if it is white it ain't right. I have had two pieces of bread and maybe ten low carb tortillas in the last 19 months. I eat lots of fresh veggies and lean meats. Some times I add in a handful of nuts or some fruit. I splurge every now and again but I have learned my limits. Sometimes I get tempted to overstep the boundaries but I have been pretty good at realing myself back in. The great side is that it is nice to buy new smaller clothes.

They do have a sugar free ice cream there.... it isn't too bad. Yesterday, the choice of flavors were strawberry and fudge ripple. Of course it is not the real deal, but if you aren't taking in a lot of sugar now, it may just satisfy that "craving".

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
They do have a sugar free ice cream there.... it isn't too bad. Yesterday, the choice of flavors were strawberry and fudge ripple. Of course it is not the real deal, but if you aren't taking in a lot of sugar now, it may just satisfy that "craving".

Thanks for the idea but I am like thirty minutes from there. If I do make that trip I can guarantee that I will be getting the real deal and not the just satisfy my craving stuff. I have one of their cards in my wallet though so I may treat myself to a scoop in a month or so.

ginwoman

The ice cream was very good, but I don't really think it was any better than Bryers. I'll have to eat some more before I can make a complete decision. lol
I don't like diet soda, it truly upsets my stomach. So that's not an option. Do you eat whole grain breads? I'm all for losing weight, and feeling better, but if it takes away the pleasure of eating is it really worth it? I guess if it is a matter of life/death it is totally worth it. Oh yeah...in the AM I have two cups of coffee w/Splenda and a big old spoon of Ameretto flavoring junk.

idiganthro

There is a limited edition Turkey Hill ginger snap ice cream out right now that is to die for! It's at Giant, FYI!

BernieP

Resident PIA
IH8 Brewsters

I have one flavor of ice cream I really like, if I can't get that flavor I'll pass. Every fng time I stop at Brewsters they are out of it. I never thought chocolate chip was all that exotic. :(

LadyCoyote

If I could get Blue Bell icecream down here (at the store), I'd be happy as a clam....I guess I'm not feeling the Bruster's love as much because I am a Blue Bell girl, and in my opinion nothing can compare ------ it's the best stuff!

elgskye

If I could get Blue Bell icecream down here (at the store), I'd be happy as a clam....I guess I'm not feeling the Bruster's love as much because I am a Blue Bell girl, and in my opinion nothing can compare ------ it's the best stuff!

Blue Bell is in Walmart freezer section.