"My take:..."

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
"... Jesus would believe in evolution and so should you"

Jesus once famously said, “I am the Truth.”

Christianity at its best embodies this provocative idea and has long been committed to preserving, expanding and sharing truth. Most of the great universities of the world were founded by Christians committed to the truth—in all its forms—and to training new generations to carry it forward.

When science began in the 17th century, Christians eagerly applied the new knowledge to alleviate suffering and improve living conditions.

But when it comes to the truth of evolution, many Christians feel compelled to look the other way. They hold on to a particular interpretation of an ancient story in Genesis that they have fashioned into a modern account of origins - a story that began as an oral tradition for a wandering tribe of Jews thousands of years ago.

Happy Sunday. :howdy:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Hopefully none of my creepy stalkers shows up as they like to do everywhere. :coffee:

Starman3000m

Good try - but not buying this argument! :coffee:

If Jesus was God in human form and He, Himself, created all things
(John 1:1-10) He would have specified the method of Creation and corrected Moses' account in Genesis.

Instead, Jesus basically concurs what Moses had written prior, as mentioned in the following text:
43: I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44: How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45: Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46: For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

47: But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?(John 5:43-47)

This is the key: "if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

Charles Darwin comes along and evolutionists received him rather than trusting the Creation Account recorded by Moses that was not challenged at all by Jesus.

There Is Only One Truth

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
hmmmm......should I bother again? ...probably not any point...

Probably not.

But Starman3000m is right; there is only one truth.

Whether God is real and the Bible is the Word of God is the Truth as Christians have faith to believe, or, if per chance, we are absolutely crazy and there is no God and the Bible is not what I believe it is does not negate the fact that there is one truth. Either the Bible is true and Christians are following the one Truth, or it is false and others are following the truth.

God is or He is not; there is only one truth.

The Bible is the word of God or it is not; there is only one truth.

UNA

Probably not.

But Starman3000m is right; there is only one truth.

Whether God is real and the Bible is the Word of God is the Truth as Christians have faith to believe, or, if per chance, we are absolutely crazy and there is no God and the Bible is not what I believe it is does not negate the fact that there is one truth. Either the Bible is true and Christians are following the one Truth, or it is false and others are following the truth.

God is or He is not; there is only one truth.

The Bible is the word of God or it is not; there is only one truth.

I guess you're right; it's like the "Or Not" Game :lol: Either God exists...or not. I sure hope he/she/it does though, pretty boring afterlife if there were no higher power. Hopefully he/she/it is a lot more open minded than some people believe though :smile:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yes, that is true but Star/phalse prophet thinks just like the Muslims do, my way or the highway to hell.
and...... if you do not like it I will help ypu get there (suicide bombing, beheading, etc.)

Evangelicalism----------------->coming to a stripmall near you soon

UNA

Yes, that is true but Star/phalse prophet thinks just like the Muslims do, my way or the highway to hell.
and...... if you do not like it I will help ypu get there (suicide bombing, beheading, etc.)

Got to love th hypocrisy...frightening isn't it?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Ok Oprah, show us ALL where Jesus said: anyway, anyhow to Heaven...

Starman3000m

Muslims follow what Muhammad said; I am following what Jesus said - as written in the Holy Bible. Here are some brief comparisons:

Muhammad said: “…let it be known to you that Paradise is under the shades of swords." ( Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 4, Book 52, No. 210, Narrated Salim Abu An-Nadr)

"The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: I am commanded to fight with men till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His servant and His Apostle, face our qiblah (direction of prayer), eat what we slaughter, and pray like us. When they do that, their life and property are unlawful for us except what is due to them. They will have the same rights as the Muslims have, and have the same responsibilities as the Muslims have." (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 14, Number 2635, Narrated Anas ibn Malik)

“And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.” (Qur’an:008.039)

“Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.”
(Qur’an:047.004)

“...strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge indeed.”
(Qur’an:009.073 )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile:Y’shua (New Testament Jesus) said: “Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.” (Matthew 26:52)

I Am The Way, The Truth and The Life; no man can come to The Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23)

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. (Luke 12:4-5)

There Is Only One Truth

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned" (John 3:15-18)

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:1)

Zguy28

That is a very serious accusation in bold above.

I hope you are prepared to back that up with evidence.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I guess you're right; it's like the "Or Not" Game :lol: Either God exists...or not. I sure hope he/she/it does though, pretty boring afterlife if there were no higher power. Hopefully he/she/it is a lot more open minded than some people believe though :smile:

That begs the question whether the Bible is God's word or not. I believe firmly that it is literally. Again, it is or it is not. Now each person has to ask, if it is, where do I stand?

I'm not "playing it safe." I believe God and His word. I look at the evidence and know my personal experience and cannot believe any other way.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member

Got to love th hypocrisy...frightening isn't it?

I beg to differ. There are those that call themselves Christians and are not. Many of them go to church every Sunday.

A true Christian will live, or attempt to live by God's word, for example:
Luke 6:27-38

27"But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

29"Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either.

30"Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

31"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.

32"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

33"If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.

34"If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount.

35"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

36"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

38"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure--pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."

Which, as I have read, is in stark contrast to what Mohammad teaches in the Qur'an.

UNA

I beg to differ. There are those that call themselves Christians and are not. Many of them go to church every Sunday.

A true Christian will live, or attempt to live by God's word, for example:

Which, as I have read, is in stark contrast to what Mohammad teaches in the Qur'an.

So, literal interpretation here: you've never lent someone something? You've never caught back? (fists or words?) you gave your shirt to the man who stole your coat? Gave you pin number to the man who stole your wallet?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
So, literal interpretation here: you've never lent someone something? You've never caught back? (fists or words?) you gave your shirt to the man who stole your coat? Gave you pin number to the man who stole your wallet?

I have given without expecting anything in return. I have given my coat to someone in need. I have never had anyone steal my wallet; I'm rather opposing. I did have someone steal my sleeping bag. I did not hunt them down and trounce them but could have.

"Caught" back? I assume that was a typo and you meant fought back. Of course I have. Does not mean I should have.

I am not perfect. I am striving to be conformed to the Spirit of Christ in me. The more I yield to the Holy Spirit the less of me gets in the way of doing things God's way.

Marie

Theistic Evolution was a liberal comprise that crept into the church, men wanting to be relevant during modernism allowed it. Anytime this is embraced, Bios Logos is a perfect example, you wind up outside of Orthodox Christianity.
It started with Charles Darwin whose theology went bad, and was bought into by the scientific community, because by embracing Naturalism another religion, to replace Christianity, if there is no God, and everything is a result of the natural world then, you don’t need to submit to a creator. Man becomes sovereign and God is replaced.

Those that say Theistic Evolution is compatible with Christianity are liars and fools. They are false teachers, and wolves that have either bought into a lie of Satan, or know exactly what they are doing. If you compromise Gods word In Genesis than you no longer have a strong foundation and you open up all of scripture for debate as to its truthfulness.

Scripture clearly states that God spoke the world into existence in 6, 24 hour days. The text is so clear, you’re calling God a LIAR if you reject his word. God created the planet mature, just like he created Adam and Eve Mature. If scripture is the final authority and you are in submission to it, you believe it.

If scripture is not the final authority and the church or tradition is, or you interrupt scripture allegorically. Then you should repent of your sin and apologize to God and put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation. As your man made religious works based righteousness, is going to send you to hell. It’s an insult to God when you reject His plan of salvation for a man made religious system and your climbing a rope of sand.

God is not that small that he needs to use evolutionin the process of creation.

Last edited:

" I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind. Mankind is then a participant in the creation of the universe itself, so that we have a closed loop. I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible."
:nerd:

-Christopher Langan