But before I go....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does anyone know where I can get a fitness hula hoop locally? They're the heavier ones and not sold at Walmart/Target/etc.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I did and now that I've downsized to an apartment I happen to have my hoop up for grabs if you want it. PM me and I'll hook you up!

Going to try out a friend's to see how it goes. I'll keep your offer in mind if I decide to get one of my own. Thank you!!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Decided to give the hula hoop a second chance a few weeks ago. It had been sitting unused apparently (according to the date on this thread) since 2014. I could never get the hang of it. Picked it up on a whim and I immediately did better than the last time I tried. So, I kept going and using it. Took a while to get the hang of it and the bruising I got made me look like I had been beaten. I hoop about 20 minutes before work during the week. On the weekends, I hoop 20 minutes in the morning and then sporadically throughout the day. Youngest and I have competitions to see who can do it better. I have started seeing a difference, I think. Seem to be losing some inches off the belly and butt which is really the only place I carried any excess weight. It's actually pretty fun and can be done while watching TV so I forget I'm exercising. Hopefully belly and butt will continue to diminish.