Guinea Pigs

zeerex99

Free, two male Guinea Pigs, cage, house, food dish, water bottle and what food we have left. Very friendly. The kids have for the most part lost interest and I've been laid off since February. To a great home only. If we even think they're going for snake food thay stay here. zeerex99@yahoo.com

Mongo53

We just lost our Guinea Pig to the flu, we have a cage and some supplies. I have to check with my wife and daughter before selling, but it would be cheap if they agree, PM me if you need the cage, extras and supplies to go with one of the free Guinea Pigs.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Free, two male Guinea Pigs, cage, house, food dish, water bottle and what food we have left. Very friendly. The kids have for the most part lost interest and I've been laid off since February. To a great home only. If we even think they're going for snake food thay stay here. zeerex99@yahoo.com

If they were going to be snake food you'd not be able to tell probably. I've had people show up with kids in tow saying the pet was for the kids and I later found out they had big snakes (a friend of a friend later ratted them out to me).

I do hope they end up in a good family. I have 1 piggy left of the ones we rescued, the rest were adopted out. Teddy is such a scared little boy that I decided to keep him since a change would scare him so much. Well that and he's older, so his time will be up soon since he's already about 5 years old.

Roman

If they were going to be snake food you'd not be able to tell probably. I've had people show up with kids in tow saying the pet was for the kids and I later found out they had big snakes (a friend of a friend later ratted them out to me).

I do hope they end up in a good family. I have 1 piggy left of the ones we rescued, the rest were adopted out. Teddy is such a scared little boy that I decided to keep him since a change would scare him so much. Well that and he's older, so his time will be up soon since he's already about 5 years old.

I had a Guinea Pig that lived to be over 10! So enjoy the scared little Fellow. I think it's nice that you decided to keep him.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I had a Guinea Pig that lived to be over 10! So enjoy the scared little Fellow. I think it's nice that you decided to keep him.

Wow that's pretty old. I had one that just died earlier this year and he was with me for 7 years - pretty sure he was about 1 year old when he was surrendered. So that made him about 8 years old.

I thought that once his weight dropped he'd be gone within 1 year like the others but he hung in there for several years after the weight loss.

They really don't require that much specialized care once you get used to tossing them some fresh vegetables every day and find ways to provide the hay they need. I started buying Timothy hay pellets at Tractor Supply instead of messing with the small expensive bags of piggy hay in the stores. 1 bag of pellet hay lasts many months and it doesn't make a mess either, and better still it only costs $12.

I also buy chopped cardboard bedding in large bags for $11 at the feed store (R D Cross) and 1 bag will last for months for 1 piggy. So it doesn't have to be as expensive as some people think it is when they see the prices in Petsmart or Petco.

Roman

Piggies

Wow that's pretty old. I had one that just died earlier this year and he was with me for 7 years - pretty sure he was about 1 year old when he was surrendered. So that made him about 8 years old.

I thought that once his weight dropped he'd be gone within 1 year like the others but he hung in there for several years after the weight loss.

They really don't require that much specialized care once you get used to tossing them some fresh vegetables every day and find ways to provide the hay they need. I started buying Timothy hay pellets at Tractor Supply instead of messing with the small expensive bags of piggy hay in the stores. 1 bag of pellet hay lasts many months and it doesn't make a mess either, and better still it only costs $12.

I also buy chopped cardboard bedding in large bags for $11 at the feed store (R D Cross) and 1 bag will last for months for 1 piggy. So it doesn't have to be as expensive as some people think it is when they see the prices in Petsmart or Petco.

When I was in College, I bred & raised Piggies for Pet Shops. That helped buy the books, and some other supplies for School that I needed. They are great pets, and VERY cute. Although..the Males Spray when their older, and that can be a problem no matter what type of cage their in. I miss my Pigs. Oh..and PetCo is a joke with their prices. Rarely do I go there. Wal-Mart is cheaper, but for Bulk Foods, Southern States is the best.