What is that horrible constant noise we hear in

AnnaInVA

the Parks Pine area, Lexington Park, since yesterday (May 22) morning ?

Sounds like an alarm of some sort and is extremely loud. Driving through the neighborhood, seems to be coming from the bay side.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
:yeahthat: I'm in Dameron, and it sounds like cicada's to me. It does sound like it's coming from the bay shore instead of the general all-around vicinity though.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Must have heard those cicada's over the 911 call, eh?

Next time consider posting in Life in Southern Maryland thread

the Parks Pine area, Lexington Park, since yesterday (May 22) morning ?

Sounds like an alarm of some sort and is extremely loud. Driving through the neighborhood, seems to be coming from the bay side.

Skank alarm, it's almost always going off down there.

Sure seems like longer than 13 years since they came out last. More like 20. I swear my youngest was about 8 or 10.

It has been a while, and some broods don't occur in all areas. Next 17 year cycle is supposed to be in 2013, last one was in 2008.

I remember the one you are talking about. Damn things were everywhere. I was sweeping them up with a broom. Dog thought they tasted good......

It has been a while, and some broods don't occur in all areas. Next 17 year cycle is supposed to be in 2013, last one was in 2008.

I remember the one you are talking about. Damn things were everywhere. I was sweeping them up with a broom. Dog thought they tasted good......

Yep, they had the red eyes, not like regular ones. Louder than heck!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Sure seems like longer than 13 years since they came out last. More like 20. I swear my youngest was about 8 or 10.

They were in full force in 2005 (or 2004). I was commuting to VA at the time, and my parking garage was flooded with them. And, Rt 210 was infested as well. I didn't ride in my car with the windows down for weeks. :dead:

They were in full force in 2005 (or 2004). I was commuting to VA at the time, and my parking garage was flooded with them. And, Rt 210 was infested as well. I didn't ride in my car with the windows down for weeks. :dead:

I know that certain broods have pretty restricted areas they emerge in. It can be like a mile wide and several miles long and broken up into several locations. I sent some of the bugs to the Smithsonian last time and got a letter back. I'll try to dig it up and see which brood that one was. I was thinking 19 or 17. something like that. If it was, in fact, 19 they are due this year.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I know that certain broods have pretty restricted areas they emerge in. It can be like a mile wide and several miles long and broken up into several locations. I sent some of the bugs to the Smithsonian last time and got a letter back. I'll try to dig it up and see which brood that one was. I was thinking 19 or 17. something like that. If it was, in fact, 19 they are due this year.

:nerd: