Larry and I are having a fight

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, really! He's got this friend who has a Mom that Larry adores. Unfortunately, this Mom is a liberal twit of a Democrat, spewing liberal twittery. This morning Larry and I were talking about Bill Clinton and he said, "That's what M says she loves about him - that he could get away with all this stuff and pizz the Republicans off." I replied, "Well, M is a retard," which set off the fight.

Larry defended her and I refused to retract. I called him a hypocrite because he's accepting behavior that he'd normally sneer at, all because she's his friend. I also told him that M and her ilk are indirectly responsible for the WTC and Pentagon deaths because they voted into office the guy that destroyed our national security.

Are Larry and I the only married freaks that actually get angry with each other over political crap?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Are Larry and I the only married freaks that actually get angry with each other over political crap?
No, that other couple that is always p!ssed at each other over politics is still out there. :killingme

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
How on earth could any self-respecting conservative love a liberal twit? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Sharon
How on earth could any self-respecting conservative love a liberal twit?
Thank you.

Now we're fighting about our new bed. We just got a king size mattress set and now we need a bed to go with it. Larry wants this pierwall thing, which is really neat - but we don't have room for it in our bedroom. It's 130" wide and with the computer desk, my vanity and the dresser, it's just too big. Now he's mad at me because I'm being negative, insisting that the pierwall won't fit when he wants to come up with a way to make it fit.

Gonna be one of those days.....:frown:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Now we're fighting about our new bed.

Have you got a program for today so I don't miss anything good? :roflmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Thank you.

Now we're fighting about our new bed. We just got a king size mattress set and now we need a bed to go with it. Larry wants this pierwall thing, which is really neat - but we don't have room for it in our bedroom. It's 130" wide and with the computer desk, my vanity and the dresser, it's just too big. Now he's mad at me because I'm being negative, insisting that the pierwall won't fit when he wants to come up with a way to make it fit.

Gonna be one of those days.....:frown:
You guys are really Tigger and TWL aren't you? :killingme

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Now he's mad at me because I'm being negative, insisting that the pierwall won't fit when he wants to come up with a way to make it fit.

I'll bet it will look really nice with the new addition he's planning and just think how great it will be with the new alcove he's putting in just for your computer. That floor-to-ceiling window will be really cool to look out while your contemplating your responses to your SOMD buddies.:biggrin:

D

dems4me

No, I don't think you are alone there -- I'm not married but the people I have dated and lived with have all been Republican for the most part and yes, we fought constantly and I still do with one - unfortunately, I'm still living with this one. My roommate would be in the other room reading and I'd turn on cross-fire and blare it for the Democratic reps (ragin' cagin) theories and then turn the volume way down low for the Republican twittery. And I'd do this throughout the entire show, but now it comes on in an earlier time slot, so I can’t do that anymore. But we still fight over politics at least once a day, and even more so during the election folly in 2000. We also argue overtop of the debates when they are on TV between political candidates and political shows, but as you have seen, I'm not one to be afraid of sticking up for myself and my views. Sometimes I just ignore the twittery and realize there's more important things to argue over depending on what else is currently going on that takes precedence (e.g. pick your battles wisely, etc.)

If you and Larry are arguing again, this time about a bed, maybe its something more than just politics. Did y'all have a nice Valentine's Day? Maybe y'all should go to a nice quite place and have dinner and talk about things and try to rekindle the romance. By you posting this on the forum, will he get upset at you and start another fight? Some guys are like that and call it airing dirty laundry – truth is, they are embarassed.

Regardless, thanks for sharing. Hope things get better for the both of you:biggrin:

B

Bruzilla

You guys are normal Vrai. Andy Williams was a Republican who supported Robert Kennedy because they were friends, and I would bet a lot of those Viet Nam vets who stood up for Kerry did so only because they served together. If he likes this lady, then he's going to cut her more slack than he would someone he didn't know.

Me, on the other hand, will tell them all to stuff it. :biggrin: I spent about an hour on the phone with my mother last night, blasting her for her views on Bush, Iraq, and Democrats. At the end I told her "you know... I've heard you say 'I never thought of that' more times in the past hour than I've heard you say in the past 43 years." I always thought my parents were on top of things, and knew best, but after being Democrats since 1992, they've lost it. :crazy:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Don't forget Mary Matalin (sp?) and James Carville. Both of whom have pointy teeth for their political enemies and yet they seem to be happily married.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by tlatchaw
Don't forget Mary Matalin (sp?) and James Carville. Both of whom have pointy teeth for their political enemies and yet they seem to be happily married.
I don't know how she does it. I'd have smothered him in his sleep a long time ago. But they're both party hacks - it's not about what they believe, it's about who pays them. It'd be like Larry working for Pepsi and me working for Coke - I'd try to take his market share and it's just business, nothing personal.

Anyway, we're not mad anymore. I told him I'm sorry that I called his friend a retard and told him I'd try to be more considerate in the future. I also caved on the bed issue - as soon as I did, he decided that I was right and it wasn't going to work. :ohwell:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by tlatchaw

I've always thought that Ann Coulter and Ted Rall would make a cute couple.