Too Bad For Bush

SamSpade

Originally posted by SmallTown
Yes! Bush thinks his economic team is living in Fantasy Land! Classic!

They're projecting the expected rate of recovery over twelve months - ~216,000 new jobs a month. But it hasn't reached that lately, it's not happening yet. Bush knows this - it's stupid to predict a rosy future this early in the campaign.

We may yet get that many new jobs - reports I heard on Bloomberg this morning suggest a *very* strong hiring year. But anything can happen.

B

Bruzilla

Kinda reminds me of when the Libs were all over Rumsfeld about how much the war in Iraq was going to cost. They kept pummelling him over and over again with the same questions, and he kept responding with the same answer "there are too many variables, and since no estimate of how much a war was going to cost has ever been accurate, I would rather just be honest and say I don't know."

Then after months of harping, carping, and accusations, Rumsfeld finally gave them a number and told them to take it for what it was worth... which was nothing. Then when, surprise, the numbers turn out to be wrong, they pummel him again for underestimating the cost.

Same deal here. No matter what Bush says, the Libs will try to make hay out of it. I think Bush should just say "we're creating jobs", and let the Libs come up with the numbers. You know they'll be low, and then Bush can claim victory when his numbers exceed the Lib's claims.:biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Bruzilla

Same deal here.

Nope, it isn't. Dems were not pounding Bush or the economic advisors to give a number. They offered one up on their own in an election year.

B

Bruzilla

Quite true ST, but the fact of the matter is that no matter what Bush offers up as a number, the Dems will howl about it.

If the number is too low, the Dems will claim he's not creating enough jobs.
If the number is too high, the Dems claim that his policies are a failure or not being carried out properly.
If the number is high, and the goal is met, the Dems will claim that the original number was lower than they would have been able to meet.

Bush and his cabinet always get into trouble when they let themselves be painted into a corner by the Dems. They would be much better served by telling the Dems to sit back, shut up, and watch while we drive the country. :biggrin: As long as the overall numbers are going back up, most Americans will be happy.

SmallTown

Football season!

Bush and his cabinet always get into trouble when they let themselves be painted into a corner by the Dems.

They weren't backed into a corner. Bush just came to his senses and realized it was BS.

B

Bruzilla

What was BS, or maybe stupidity, was his putting out specific numbers in the first place. :biggrin: Unless he has a 100% accurate crystal ball to tell him such things, he should just say "I don't know."

BuddyLee

Football addict
Quite true ST, but the fact of the matter is that no matter what Bush offers up as a number, the Dems will howl about it.

If the number is too low, the Dems will claim he's not creating enough jobs.
If the number is too high, the Dems claim that his policies are a failure or not being carried out properly.
If the number is high, and the goal is met, the Dems will claim that the original number was lower than they would have been able to meet.

Bush and his cabinet always get into trouble when they let themselves be painted into a corner by the Dems. They would be much better served by telling the Dems to sit back, shut up, and watch while we drive the country. :biggrin: As long as the overall numbers are going back up, most Americans will be happy.

Dont the Republicans harp and ##### when theres a democrat in the white house?? I seem to remember a certain blow job that got thrown out of proportion:wink:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Dont the Republicans harp and ##### when theres a democrat in the white house?? I seem to remember a certain blow job that got thrown out of proportion:wink:
Nothing about that at all, it was the lying after the fact that was the problem, but many choose to ignore that.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Ken King
Nothing about that at all, it was the lying after the fact that was the problem, but many choose to ignore that.

I say still its thrown out of proportion MOST OR ALL POLITICIANS LIE

For the people that like to groan over this one, welcome to the real political world :wink:

Pete

Repete

For the people that like to groan over this one, welcome to the real political world :wink:
Buddy, the deal is that he was being investigated for a sexual harrasment charge. He was to give a deposition, under oath. In other words a real deal court thing and he lied about it to cover it up from investigators who were looking into somehting similar. It was never about the hummer it was about lying under oath and lying to the people on national TV.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Pete
Buddy, the deal is that he was being investigated for a sexual harrasment charge. He was to give a deposition, under oath. In other words a real deal court thing and he lied about it to cover it up from investigators who were looking into somehting similar. It was never about the hummer it was about lying under oath and lying to the people on national TV.

All presidents lie, he just got caught :wink:

SamSpade

Not in *court*.

When you lie on the campaign trail, that's about par for the course.
When you lie in court, it's a felony.

Maybe *everyone* lies, but not everyone is a felon.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by SamSpade
Not in *court*.

Youd be suprised how many lie in court. Besides isnt that what defense lawyers are for? :wink:

SamSpade

Youd be suprised how many lie in court. Besides isnt that what defense lawyers are for? :wink:

Defense lawyers will get extremely p*ssed if they find out their clients lied or neglected to mention some vital facts.

I've testified in court. I'm smart enough to know not to lie in court. Lying in court is a felony.

And when a federal judge does it, he gets removed from office. When Judge Nixon lied to a grand jury, 27 Democratic senators who voted to exonerate Clinton, voted to him Judge Nixon impeached.

You should read some of their comments.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Defense lawyers will get extremely p*ssed if they find out their clients lied or neglected to mention some vital facts.

I've testified in court. I'm smart enough to know not to lie in court. Lying in court is a felony.

And when a federal judge does it, he gets removed from office. When Judge Nixon lied to a grand jury, 27 Democratic senators who voted to exonerate Clinton, voted to him Judge Nixon impeached.

You should read some of their comments.

Sure you, I, and many others would not lie in court but you would be suprised at the # of people that do. Besides we are in left field with my point. My point was that when there is a republican in the white house the democrats seem to bash the president and when there is a democrat in office the republicans seem to bash that president. Its just stupid party politics!

Not in *court*.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

He didn't JUST lie, either. He sat there and blatantly uttered BALD-FACE lies and looked people in the eye while doing it!