Chingville Road House For Sale?

auggie15

Thinking of looking at a house for sale at 20545 Chingville Road-10 acres horse property. Anybody know the particulars? House looks like it may need some, ok, ALOT of work? Just wondering if anyone had the scoop? Know I could depend on my fellow SoMders to help! :howdy:

Justme2

Need paint inside

Opinions are like ---holes . But the colors inside oh boy. And having 2 dishes on the roof. well. When was the last roof put on? I agree on the big tractor mower with a wide sweep or your going to spend your time cutting grass or killing rodents.

As far as the taxes 4,000 I think is lot of taxes. Assuming you have your own utillites well water and septic. And what are taxes going to be next year???

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Opinions are like ---holes . But the colors inside oh boy. And having 2 dishes on the roof. well. When was the last roof put on? I agree on the big tractor mower with a wide sweep or your going to spend your time cutting grass or killing rodents.

As far as the taxes 4,000 I think is lot of taxes. Assuming you have your own utillites well water and septic. And what are taxes going to be next year???

I wish my taxes were that low.

chevyII

The house was forclosed on about 2 years ago and is in need of ALOT of work. There used to be a garage that burned awhile back and caused major damage to the concrete foundation (it is unusable and will need to be removed). About half way down the driveway there is a drainage issue which has caused the road to erode. This was a nice place once but has been let go...with that said if you have the means to fix it could be nice again but if you dont I would say stay clear.

residualvisuals

black widow
Wow, whoever took the photos for that house really weren't trying very hard. Half the cabinets are open in the kitchen photo and there's debris on the floor in several rooms. Thank god they cleaned the bathroom.

officeguy

- is it a location you want to be in ?
- are there any structural/mechanical issues with the home ?
- do you have 100k beyond the purchase price and some sweat equity to demo the remnants of the garage, build a shed and bring the place back to habitable condition ?
- are you afraid of rodents ?

If the answers are yes, yes, yes, no you are good to go.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
For 10 acres, that's a bargain.

I thought so too. But then again, I'm used to NY taxes which are insane. I think that house has so much potential and could be absolutely gorgeous. But whoever buys it better be ready for a ton of work or have a lot of extra money to pay someone else to do a ton of work. I'd love to see some "after pics" by the people who buy the house.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow, whoever took the photos for that house really weren't trying very hard. Half the cabinets are open in the kitchen photo and there's debris on the floor in several rooms. Thank god they cleaned the bathroom.

I am constantly amazed at what passes for photography in real estate.

red_explorer

hint

Thinking of looking at a house for sale at 20545 Chingville Road-10 acres horse property. Anybody know the particulars? House looks like it may need some, ok, ALOT of work? Just wondering if anyone had the scoop? Know I could depend on my fellow SoMders to help! :howdy:

If I were you, before I did anything else, I would message chevyII because it sounds like, from his comments, he knows a good bit about the house.

whatchawant

seems nice enough

I don't know anything about the property, but it seems to have a lot of potential. Good luck, it will look great once it is fixed up.

RPMDAD

Agree looks like a great piece of property with lots of potential. So far all i have read is 100K to restore, is there a vaporware price on the purcahse of the house?? Not a perspective buyer here don't have 100K laying around just curious on the price of the house???

hokie94

There's another house on Chingville that doesn't need any work and is on a much more manageable 1.5 acres...I think I might know the owner :shocking: