Friggin Ants!

ProudMomma

I know this has been brought up before...........but my house is being invaded by ants! I've been able to control them by spraying the perimeter of my house once a month, setting ant baits outside and spraying "safe for pets and kids" bug spray inside, but NOW they are invading my spice cabinet! I really don't want to fork out the money for a Pest Control Company, but I may have too. Any suggestions?? I've tried just about everything.

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf
I know this has been brought up before...........but my house is being invaded by ants! I've been able to control them by spraying the perimeter of my house once a month, setting ant baits outside and spraying "safe for pets and kids" bug spray inside, but NOW they are invading my spice cabinet! I really don't want to fork out the money for a Pest Control Company. Any suggestions?? I've tried just about everything.

Seven dust...it comes in a spray bottle that attaches to your hose....spray all around the outside of your house, give it a week and spray it again....I think I've seen 4 ants all year since I've sprayed

It also kills fleas and is pet safe

ProudMomma

Seven dust...it comes in a spray bottle that attaches to your hose....spray all around the outside of your house, give it a week and spray it again....I think I've seen 4 ants all year since I've sprayed

It also kills fleas and is pet safe

I didn't know seven dust came in a spray bottle. I knew it worked for fleas, but never thought about ants. Huh. I'll have to go to Lowes tomorrow. Thanks!

smurfgirl

Try the terro ant traps. You can find them at lowes or walmart. They seem to work the best. Good luck. They invaded my spice cabinet last year.

Last edited:

CRHS89

We have used the Terro baits as well and found that they have worked better than anything else we have tried.

willie

Home Defense sprayed heavily on the inside of the top course of the foundation. Soak the inside surface of the band board with Home Defense. There may be other products that do as good but Home Defense has worked for me.

TPD

the poor dad
Malathion sprayed around the foundation will take care of the ants along with all of your other creepy crawlies.

BPC

Bayview Pest Control

I am glad to see alot of recommendations for "TERRO", Stuff is like Candy for Ants. I would suggest getting the "Gel Bait" it is typically $3-$4.00 a bottle and will last forever. Read the Directions and only leave it down for about 3 days (After that you will start attracting Ants from outside). If for some reason this method doesn't seem to work, or if you feel you are seeing more than a normal amount than please feel free to give us a call (301-274-4747). Inspections are FREE and I think you would be surprised on how cheap our prices are. Good Luck with the Ants

Katt

I've also used the terro granulars that you sprinkle outside alone the foundation. That seems to have helped more than the liquid traps for me. I've tried everything too. You are not alone in the ant wars.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I have ants too. I cannot tell if they are moving from the tree into our house or from our house to the tree. I've tried a couple sprays but they come back in a day or too. Tried traps but my dog keeps finding them, grr. Only see a few inside. They seem to be going under the siding.

mizteresa1965

I am glad to see alot of recommendations for "TERRO", Stuff is like Candy for Ants. I would suggest getting the "Gel Bait" it is typically $3-$4.00 a bottle and will last forever. Read the Directions and only leave it down for about 3 days (After that you will start attracting Ants from outside). If for some reason this method doesn't seem to work, or if you feel you are seeing more than a normal amount than please feel free to give us a call (301-274-4747). Inspections are FREE and I think you would be surprised on how cheap our prices are. Good Luck with the Ants

Thanks! With all the thumbs up for Terro, I'm going to try it. And if it doesn't work, you'll be getting a phone call! :)

BPC

Bayview Pest Control

I have ants too. I cannot tell if they are moving from the tree into our house or from our house to the tree. I've tried a couple sprays but they come back in a day or too. Tried traps but my dog keeps finding them, grr. Only see a few inside. They seem to be going under the siding.

If you are seeing trails of Ants traveling under your siding, you may want to have a Termite Inspection done, Ants feed on Termites (Main Food Source). Not to scare you but alot of times when I see ants traveling along the Foundation and head for exterior walls, under siding/thru cosmetic bricks I am usually able to find termites.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
If you are seeing trails of Ants traveling under your siding, you may want to have a Termite Inspection done, Ants feed on Termites (Main Food Source). Not to scare you but alot of times when I see ants traveling along the Foundation and head for exterior walls, under siding/thru cosmetic bricks I am usually able to find termites.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to pass it on to hubby.

OldHillcrestGuy

Couple years ago when the ants seemed to be really bad, I had a problem with them in the kitchen, someone on here mentioned Roach Proof and I put some out in hidden places in the kitchen and havent seen an ant in 2 years.

I have plenty of ants outside this year, but so far they havent found there way inside. I'll be putting granulars out tomorrow around the outside of the house, since I finally finished my mulching today.

OldHillcrestGuy

Couple years ago when the ants seemed to be really bad, I had a problem with them in the kitchen, someone on here mentioned Roach Proof and I put some out in hidden places in the kitchen and havent seen an ant in 2 years.

I have plenty of ants outside this year, but so far they havent found there way inside. I'll be putting granulars out tomorrow around the outside of the house, since I finally finished my mulching today.

Spoke to soon the little ba$tards showed up yesterday.