TV disposal

mitzi

Where do I dispose of a large tv? I don't think the transfer stations will let me dump it there.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I've seen them at the Charles County landfill. Call the dump and ask.

Chuck Co used to allow you to drop off electronics like this once a year, in the early Spring. Don't know what they allow any more since they need more $$.

Salvation Army and Goodwill Industries take T.V.s

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Where do I dispose of a large tv? I don't think the transfer stations will let me dump it there.
St Mary's transfer station on indian bridge has a conex just for used electronics, it's over by the used oil collection barrels on the right hand side.

dave1959

St marys transfer station in charlotte hall has an electrionics bin, I would imagine the others do to.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA

Again, if you would state in which county you live it would help. I can tell you for a fact that the St. Andrews Transfer station in St. Mary's has a bin for recycling electronics. That would be the appropriate place to put your television.

John Z

if you will
Chuck County has a large walk-in container for electronics; it is there all the time. I've dropped of TVs, computers, stereo equip, etc. Soon I'm planning to drop off a perfectly good 19" CRT monitor and 21" CRT television.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I love where I live in Ohio. Put ANYTHING on the curb and the trash man will take it away. And I do mean anything. And once a yr they tell everyone in town to rake all there leaves to the curb in a big pile and someone comes along with a big vacuum and sucks them up. I going to miss the slow, quiet life.

bulldog

St Mary's transfer station on indian bridge has a conex just for used electronics, it's over by the used oil collection barrels on the right hand side.

Where is this transfer station on Indian Bridge Road that you speak of? Are you mistaking for the one off St. Andrews Church, or maybe the one off Happyland?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

Just put it in your front yard with a sign that says $250 or best offer and someone will steal it.

mitzi

Again, if you would state in which county you live it would help. I can tell you for a fact that the St. Andrews Transfer station in St. Mary's has a bin for recycling electronics. That would be the appropriate place to put your television.

Sorry, St. Mary's. I live in town and have trash pickup. I haven't been to a transfer station in a few years so I didn't know if I could take it there. Thanks all!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Where is this transfer station on Indian Bridge Road that you speak of? Are you mistaking for the one off St. Andrews Church, or maybe the one off Happyland?

Sorry, I misspoke and you are correct - St Andrews Church.

pelers

To use the transfer stations all you need to do is prove residency. You might have to fill out a short form, then they'll give you a sticker for your windshield. A driver's license is sufficient for proof.

They may not even ask for that. I dropped off a large TV at the St. Andrews transfer station a few months ago using my father-in-law's truck, which has South Carolina plates, and the guy didn't bat an eye.

BernieP

Resident PIA
To use the transfer stations all you need to do is prove residency. You might have to fill out a short form, then they'll give you a sticker for your windshield. A driver's license is sufficient for proof.

They may not even ask for that. I dropped off a large TV at the St. Andrews transfer station a few months ago using my father-in-law's truck, which has South Carolina plates, and the guy didn't bat an eye.

I think they only check for stickers if you are dumping trash, I don't think they care about the recycling center.

I think they only check for stickers if you are dumping trash, I don't think they care about the recycling center.

I've had a sticker on my truck for 10 years, and I don't think anyone has ever looked at it at either the transfer station or the dump, and I go to the transfer station weekly. When you pull up to the weigh station at the dumps, they usually ask where you are coming from. You could say anything, they never check. Maybe they see the sticker, but I've never seen their eyes look there for it.