Dragstrip..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So why would you build a BEAUTIFUL dragstrip, than set the speed limit to 40 MPH??

Luckily there was a construction zone to slow me down, and even luckier that the State Cop was in a good mood (warning!!)..

Nobody beeped while I was waiting so don't think anyone saw me..

DEEKAYPEE8569

So why would you build a BEAUTIFUL dragstrip, than set the speed limit to 40 MPH??

Luckily there was a construction zone to slow me down, and even luckier that the State Cop was in a good mood (warning!!)..

WTH are you talking about??

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Must be talking about Chancellor's Run? I saw the trooper with his radar gun out as I went by around 1030.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

:nono:

Please tell me you weren't speeding. And don't lie.

Because the powers that be assume that since you were able to pass the written part of your drivers test, you must be able to read and so they put those nice signs there to tell you how fast they wanted you to go. Anything over that and you get a conversation with a nice policeman. If he's in a not so nice mood, you even get to help pay his salary.

glhs837

Power with Control
I would say the nice officers are out here about 3-4 days out of seven, sometimes they double team in one of the cut throughs one pointed north, one south. And them boys are busy. I am not the slowest person in the world, but holy heck, folks are routinely doing +20, flying by me like I am standing still.

I would say the nice officers are out here about 3-4 days out of seven, sometimes they double team in one of the cut throughs one pointed north, one south. And them boys are busy. I am not the slowest person in the world, but holy heck, folks are routinely doing +20, flying by me like I am standing still.
I use cruise control extensively in SoMD to resist the urge to get ahead of the person in front of me. I set it at +5 or +7 and keep right. It's when I don't do that that I get to have a talk to the nice officer.

glhs837

Power with Control
What I find interesting is that even with speeds having increased by almost 15-20mph, and more traffic with four lanes, I think we have had only one accident since the construction has been mostly finished.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He was a NICE guy.. luckily..

When I saw him I glanced quickly at my speedometer and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw '42' or thereabouts.:whistle:

I think he was 'blocking' for the paint crews that were putting down the permanent lane markers and such.

golf_nut0

Chancellors Run Road?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Because the powers that be assume that since you were able to pass the written part of your drivers test, you must be able to read and so they put those nice signs there to tell you how fast they wanted you to go. Anything over that and you get a conversation with a nice policeman. If he's in a not so nice mood, you even get to help pay his salary.

:killingme

I need the NICE officers down in my area 5-6 days of the week! And I dont want them to be nice to many people.... :coffee:

I would even make them coffee.... :jerry: :dye: