The Willows

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Went twice this weekend, Friday after First Friday in Leon, then again tonight.

YUM YUM YUM

Everything we ordered was great both nights. Crab soup is very tastey, and the hamburger is unbelievable - had to be 1/2lb+ and cooked to perfection! They have a 12oz ribeye with 2 sides for $9.95, and our dinner companion thought it was great - sure looked good. Salad with crab, shrimp and scallops had a wonderful flavor.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They should have their liquor license by next weekend, wasn't a deal breaker for us.

GO!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

YUM YUM YUM

Everything we ordered was great both nights. Crab soup is very tastey, and the hamburger is unbelievable - had to be 1/2lb+ and cooked to perfection! They have a 12oz ribeye with 2 sides for $9.95, and our dinner companion thought it was great - sure looked good. Salad with crab, shrimp and scallops had a wonderful flavor.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They should have their liquor license by next weekend, wasn't a deal breaker for us.

GO!
The wife and I went on saturday and we also had the ribeye. My medium steak was perfect, but my wifes well done came out the first time a perfect medium-rare, the second time it came back it had made it up to medium, the third time finally made it to the poiint that she would eat it. The lack of a liquor license or glasses made me wish we would have waited until they'd been open a couple of weeks, but we will definitely try it again. Have to agree with you on the staff, they were the saving grace of the evening.

david87

YUM YUM YUM

GO!

The wife and I went on saturday and we also had the ribeye. My medium steak was perfect, but my wifes well done came out the first time a perfect medium-rare, the second time it came back it had made it up to medium, the third time finally made it to the poiint that she would eat it. The lack of a liquor license or glasses made me wish we would have waited until they'd been open a couple of weeks, but we will definitely try it again. Have to agree with you on the staff, they were the saving grace of the evening.

Thanks for the great feedback!! Please tell all your friends. I know alcohol is good with dinner, but not always a necessity. We should have it by the middle of the month ::crossesfingers:: Hope you come back again! :)

david87

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience with your wife's order. I hope this won't keep you from coming back :)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
my wifes well done came out the first time a perfect medium-rare, the second time it came back it had made it up to medium, the third time finally made it to the poiint that she would eat it.

You're married to Kwillia?

terbear1225

Thanks for the great feedback!! Please tell all your friends. I know alcohol is good with dinner, but not always a necessity. We should have it by the middle of the month ::crossesfingers:: Hope you come back again! :)

please keep us informed on the status of the liquor license. used to go there all the time for friday happy hour, hoping to try it out again once you all are ready!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Seeing someone desecrate a perfectly lovely piece of meat by cooking it to death makes me very, very sad. why eat it then? why not just whip off your belt and have a good gnaw?

fricken communists.

steak may only be eaten one way. rareeeee. cool in the middle. Bleeding, mooing even.

I need to talk someone in to taking me to dinner at the willows. :nomoney:

lovinmaryland

Seeing someone desecrate a perfectly lovely piece of meat by cooking it to death makes me very, very sad. why eat it then? why not just whip off your belt and have a good gnaw?

fricken communists.

steak may only be eaten one way. rareeeee. cool in the middle. Bleeding, mooing even.

Me too!

I used to eat my steak well done, then slowly I started trying it cooked a little more rare. Now I have found my happy place at medium rare. I dont think I could handle eating it rare.

I am happy to report when we have steaks I cook all of them to the same doneness (my Mom used to cook theirs medium rare and the kids well done) So right now they dont know anything other than that. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to eat my steak well done, then slowly I started trying it cooked a little more rare. Now I have found my happy place at medium rare.

Good girl! I'm into behavior modification. Like if someone orders a well-done steak, they get a little zap. Next time, they get an even bigger zap. At some point, they'll either start eating their steak cooked normally, or they'll be well-done themselves.

Good girl! I'm into behavior modification. Like if someone orders a well-done steak, they get a little zap. Next time, they get an even bigger zap. At some point, they'll either start eating their steak cooked normally, or they'll be well-done themselves.

:mad:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

fricken communists.

What's your opinion on eating eggs sunny side up as opposed to cooked hard? Sashimi or fried fish? cru de te or steamed brocccolli?

lovinmaryland

:lol:

I guess if your raised on Miracle Whip you love it right, same thing w/ well done steak... Ick Miracle Whip :dead:
Answer: Eat a hamburger :yay:.

Fixed!