God Has A Positive Answer

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:

You say: 'It's impossible'
God says:All things are possible ( Luke 18:27)

You say: 'I'm too tired'
God says: I will give you rest ( Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: 'Nobody really loves me'
God says: I love you ( John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

You say: 'I can't go on'
God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: 'I can't figure things out'
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: 'I can't do it'
God says: You can do all things ( Philippians 4:13)

You say: 'I'm not able'
God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: 'It's not worth it'
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )

You say: 'I can't forgive myself'
God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: 'I can't manage'
God says: I will supply all your needs ( Philippians 4:19)

You say: 'I'm afraid'
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear ( II Timothy 1:7)

You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated'
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say: 'I'm not smart enough'
God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: 'I feel all alone'
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Starman3000m

GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:

God says:All things are possible ( Luke 18:27)

God says: I will give you rest ( Matthew 11:28-30)

God says: I love you ( John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

God says: You can do all things ( Philippians 4:13)

God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )

God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

God says: I will supply all your needs ( Philippians 4:19)

God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear ( II Timothy 1:7)

God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Amen.

Jesus Is The Way.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
The Independent says: It is. Are you?

Serta says: We make the Worlds Best Matress

Smarties says: Wotalotigot!

Kit Kat says: Have a break. Have a Kit-Kat.

Apple Macintosh says: Think Different.

Jaguar says: Grace...space...pace.

Timex says: It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Braniff Airlines says: When you got it, flaunt it.

Nike says: Just do it.

volkswagon says: Think small.

Haig Scotch Whiskey says: Don't be vague. Ask for Haig.

Morton Salt says: When it rains, it pours!

IBM says: I think, therefore IBM.

Citi Bank says: The Citi Never Sleeps.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Those give me warm, comfy feelings.

Until I say: God, may I ask a question about...
God says: No. Knowledge earns you a spot in hell.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Those give me warm, comfy feelings.

Until I say: God, may I ask a question about...
God says: No. Knowledge earns you a spot in hell.

A little reading would reveal how wrong you are about this:

And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” – Genesis 2:16-17

Not ‘KNOWLEDGE’… The knowledge of good and evil. God put a world before man to figure out. He wanted us to learn about it; hence KNOWLEDGE. But God also knew how man would deal with trying to understand the two opposing forces that existed and would be tempted to do evil. And they did.

The obvious question is, why would God even put this choice in front of man? Why not just remove that temptation to violate His command? God had no desire to dictate man’s every move. He wanted us to have and make choices. We live in that world today and it’s obvious (IF you even believe in God) God wanted it this way.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
A little reading would reveal how wrong you are about this:

Not ‘KNOWLEDGE’… The knowledge of good and evil. God put a world before man to figure out. He wanted us to learn about it; hence KNOWLEDGE. But God also knew how man would deal with trying to understand the two opposing forces that existed and would be tempted to do evil. And they did.

The obvious question is, why would God even put this choice in front of man? Why not just remove that temptation to violate His command? God had no desire to dictate man’s every move. He wanted us to have and make choices. We live in that world today and it’s obvious (IF you even believe in God) God wanted it this way.

Besides the fact that God already knew the choices we would/will make so seems pretty redundant to me.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

PsyOps

Pixelated
So we are allowed to eat the fruit now?

You do understand the difference between 'forbidden' and 'ability'? Because God forbids us doesn't mean we aren't able.

Why do you folks continue to believe that God is this grand puppet master that SHOULD HAVE kept us from doing certain things when it's obvious, throughout the bible, God gave man choices. When God says 'Don't do this' that means God is giving you a choice. He wanted us to make these choices and live with our own consequences.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
You do understand the difference between 'forbidden' and 'ability'? Because God forbids us doesn't mean we aren't able.

Why do you folks continue to believe that God is this grand puppet master that SHOULD HAVE kept us from doing certain things when it's obvious, throughout the bible, God gave man choices. When God says 'Don't do this' that means God is giving you a choice. He wanted us to make these choices and live with our own consequences.

Again, giving these choices with already knowing the outcome. Like saying I know you like Dr. Pepper and not Mt. Dew. So I am going to lay both cans of pop in front of you and say - pick one, knowing you will always pick the Dr. Pepper.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Again, giving these choices with already knowing the outcome. Like saying I know you like Dr. Pepper and not Mt. Dew. So I am going to lay both cans of pop in front of you and say - pick one, knowing you will always pick the Dr. Pepper.

So you're saying that because God knows the answer ahead of time, He has predetermined the outcome?

Don't you know certain things in nature are going to happen based on your knowledge of them? Our knowledge is on a very limit scale yet we still know that when we drop a rock from a building it's going to hit the ground. I didn't predetermine this; the laws of nature did.

How is it you can accept that you know certain things are going to happen based on your knowledge, but you can't accept that God, in his infinite knowledge, knows how things will play out that is beyond our understanding?

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
So you're saying that because God knows the answer ahead of time, He has predetermined the outcome?

Don't you know certain things in nature are going to happen based on your knowledge of them? Our knowledge is on a very limit scale yet we still know that when we drop a rock from a building it's going to hit the ground. I didn't predetermine this; the laws of nature did.

How is it you can accept that you know certain things are going to happen based on your knowledge, but you can't accept that God, in his infinite knowledge, knows how things will play out that is beyond our understanding?

I most certainly do accept that Your God is capable of having great knowledge and foresight. The only thing I don't except is that your God exist. But that doesn't make Him any less intriguing to me and make me want to discuss his abilities any less. My only issues was why go through the shenanigans of giving two choices when already the path is laid out. He knows Dr. Pepper will always be the choice so why even bother with taking the Mt. Dew out of the fridge?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Not ‘KNOWLEDGE’… The knowledge of good and evil.
So why, then, are so many religious folks *ahem* forumites opposed to science? Science is evil! Evolution is evil! If you don't believe the Bible word for word you are going against God! Regardless what science tells us is a fact, we should believe God because anything is possible with Him!

We (general) hear this all the time. :shrug:

And supposedly, only a small fraction of people will make it into heaven. That's sad. Surely, god instituted the best system he could, so this is the best way we could have turned out.

When God says 'Don't do this' that means God is giving you a choice. He wanted us to make these choices and live with our own consequences.
I don't have an issue with the basic premise of living with my consequences. What I have an issue with is what appears to be a disproportionate equation: I am given a finite amount of time to make a determination on my infinite afterlife, and thus, whatever happens after death - good or bad - will be imposed infinitely.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I most certainly do accept that Your God is capable of having great knowledge and foresight. The only thing I don't except is that your God exist. But that doesn't make Him any less intriguing to me and make me want to discuss his abilities any less. My only issues was why go through the shenanigans of giving two choices when already the path is laid out. He knows Dr. Pepper will always be the choice so why even bother with taking the Mt. Dew out of the fridge?

You're asking why God is God; God in His nature. Why do you know what you know? How is it man is capable of not only knowing that an object will fall to the ground, but why it falls, and even knowing how fast? Since you don't believe in God and don't believe our knowledge came from this God, how is it that we know these things. And don't just tell me we study them. Why do we even have this capability?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So why, then, are so many religious folks *ahem* forumites opposed to science? Science is evil! Evolution is evil! If you don't believe the Bible word for word you are going against God! Regardless what science tells us is a fact, we should believe God because anything is possible with Him!

We (general) hear this all the time. :shrug:

I’m not sure who in here is opposed to science. I am opposed to science being used as a tool to disprove God. But certainly we all have to acknowledge that if not for science we don’t know the laws of physics, we don’t have medicine, we don’t have gasoline for our cars, etc… Evolution as a means to explain our existence is interesting for discussion, but it falls way short of explaining life. But you should know where I stand on that by now.

And supposedly, only a small fraction of people will make it into heaven. That's sad. Surely, god instituted the best system he could, so this is the best way we could have turned out.

IF you believe in God you have to acknowledge He gets to make the rules. He set very simple rules in front of us and it’s up to us to make the right choices. This is THE BEST system because we are FREE to choose. But just like having your own kids and trying to raise them, you will establish rules and boundaries. If that’s acceptable and ever required for a civilized society, why wouldn’t God do the same for His creation?

I don't have an issue with the basic premise of living with my consequences. What I have an issue with is what appears to be a disproportionate equation: I am given a finite amount of time to make a determination on my infinite afterlife, and thus, whatever happens after death - good or bad - will be imposed infinitely.

There is no logical answer to this. And I never believed God was a logical God. I too have a lot of questions.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

I am not sure why people insist on being obtuse about this subject.

He knows which one you will pick, before you do. Doesn't mean he choose it for you. If he didn't give you a choice, you couldn't have chosen, and he wouldn't know your choice, cuz you didn't make one.

Say you are watching a movie. You watch the character pick a soda. your friend comes back from the bathroom and you rewind it to where he missed. You see the scene again, and knew the character was going to buy a coke. Does that mean you choose it for him?

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
I am not sure why people insist on being obtuse about this subject.

He knows which one you will pick, before you do. Doesn't mean he choose it for you. If he didn't give you a choice, you couldn't have chosen, and he wouldn't know your choice, cuz you didn't make one.

Say you are watching a movie. You watch the character pick a soda. your friend comes back from the bathroom and you rewind it to where he missed. You see the scene again, and knew the character was going to buy a coke. Does that mean you choose it for him?

Depends, am I the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe?

Kidding.

So, with your account of free will - God knows what He will do throughout eternity as well since he has already seen the movie of himself along with all his creations?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, with your account of free will - God knows what He will do throughout eternity as well since he has already seen the movie of himself along with all his creations?

And if this were the case, what is your problem with it?

Last edited: