My two Friday Gripes

BernieP

Resident PIA
If Vria can do it, so can I :D

1. pedistrians and 2. bicycle riders

Actually one gripe, along with rights, comes responsibility. I have no problem yielding the right of way but you have to give drivers some indication, some advanced notice.

In particular is the runner, the jogger, who makes a 90 degree cut to cross the road - short of the cross walk. Don't glare at me when I almost hit you, how the hell was I suppose to know you were going to make that left turn to cross the road then and there?

Bike riders do pretty much the same thing, if you are going to travel on the road, obey the laws, stop at intersections and don't make up the rules as you ride, sudden, unsignaled turns, in front of a moving vehicle could make it your last ride.

Thank you and good night America

Wildcat97

You must be talking about the runners and bikers on base... THEY ARE THE WORST. The bike riders seem to all believe in wolfpack mentality, I mean forget the bike lane. If there are more than two riding together, they are riding side by side and they don't give a #### about the "bike lane!" They take their part from the vehicle travel lane!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
You must be talking about the runners and bikers on base... THEY ARE THE WORST. The bike riders seem to all believe in wolfpack mentality, I mean forget the bike lane. If there are more than two riding together, they are riding side by side and they don't give a #### about the "bike lane!" They take their part from the vehicle travel lane!!

ah come on, give those spandex wearing geeks a break, I think they are getting ready for the Tour Da France or something, Team Pax River!

But while it happens on base, it happens in the community as well. I'm willing to share the road, but if they want to ride in the vehicle lane, like a vehicle, they should obey the laws, ride with traffic, not head on into it and expect me to swerve into on coming traffic so they don't hit me.

dave1959

Came upon a stop sign a couple of moths ago, Me and a biker. He is on my
3 o'clock. He is a good ways back so I come up and stop...And go. He blows through the stop sign and comes to a sliding stop almost against the side of my car and starts yelling at me...he was ok, so I laughed at him and dove away.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Came upon a stop sign a couple of moths ago, Me and a biker. He is on my
3 o'clock. He is a good ways back so I come up and stop...And go. He blows through the stop sign and comes to a sliding stop almost against the side of my car and starts yelling at me...he was ok, so I laughed at him and dove away.

yep, they don't stop at stop signs, go thru red lights (if they can). Basically the bike riders take advantage of both sides of the law, they say "I'm a vehicle and entitled to the road" but don't follow any of those rules.
I understand that there are bike lanes along some of the roads I respect that by not driving in them. But if you are riding a bike, in the bike lane, into oncoming traffic, don't swerve out into the travel lane and expect the oncoming vehicle yield.

blacklabman

yep, they don't stop at stop signs, go thru red lights (if they can). Basically the bike riders take advantage of both sides of the law, they say "I'm a vehicle and entitled to the road" but don't follow any of those rules.
I understand that there are bike lanes along some of the roads I respect that by not driving in them. But if you are riding a bike, in the bike lane, into oncoming traffic, don't swerve out into the travel lane and expect the oncoming vehicle yield.

Only thing worse than a motorcyclist.

ciwmj

ah come on, give those spandex wearing geeks a break, I think they are getting ready for the Tour Da France or something, Team Pax River!

But while it happens on base, it happens in the community as well. I'm willing to share the road, but if they want to ride in the vehicle lane, like a vehicle, they should obey the laws, ride with traffic, not head on into it and expect me to swerve into on coming traffic so they don't hit me.

I have always believed that if a wheeled vehicle is on the road it should be registered and tagged the same as a auto,and that the operators should be licensed and have to go through a testing process,the same as an auto operator. At least an I.Q. test.

nomoney

My Friday gripe....people that get in your space. Hubby and I went on an early date afternoon yesterday and went to an early movie. We were the first ones in that stank ass movie theater...picked one of the rows with missing seats. (you know where there are like 6/8 seats vs 10/12). Sat in the two outside seats. As the previews started - there were "MAYBE" 12 other people in the theater; it was empty. Don't you know a couple came and sat DIRECTLY behind us. (they were in a non missing chair row so they actually had to come down the row a few in order to sit directly behind us). There were for real like 10 empty rows in front of us, 6 or so behind us - and that was just on the side we were sitting on. I mean really? RIGHT behind us?? Now, since it was so empty I had to listen to them whispering to each other and slobbering on popcorn-, knees in the back of my seat the whole friggen movie.
THEN, when I adjusted my seating during the middle of the movie and sat up a little straighter; the man had the nerve to loudly say to his "woman"; "Can you still see alright???" Really? Bite me. Bet your crap smell theater my short little 5'2" ass sat up straight the rest of the movie.

puggymom

My Friday gripe....people that get in your space. Hubby and I went on an early date afternoon yesterday and went to an early movie. We were the first ones in that stank ass movie theater...picked one of the rows with missing seats. (you know where there are like 6/8 seats vs 10/12). Sat in the two outside seats. As the previews started - there were "MAYBE" 12 other people in the theater; it was empty. Don't you know a couple came and sat DIRECTLY behind us. (they were in a non missing chair row so they actually had to come down the row a few in order to sit directly behind us). There were for real like 10 empty rows in front of us, 6 or so behind us - and that was just on the side we were sitting on. I mean really? RIGHT behind us?? Now, since it was so empty I had to listen to them whispering to each other and slobbering on popcorn-, knees in the back of my seat the whole friggen movie.
THEN, when I adjusted my seating during the middle of the movie and sat up a little straighter; the man had the nerve to loudly say to his "woman"; "Can you still see alright???" Really? Bite me. Bet your crap smell theater my short little 5'2" ass sat up straight the rest of the movie.
OMG this happened to me the last time hubby and I went to see a movie. Except they sat in front and dad pulled a airline move and leaned his chair back as far a possible so I had to move my legs to the side. Then Spazzo the son kept rocking back and forth hitting my legs.
What killed me was that we were one of the first ones and the theater was not that crowed either. I made hubby get up and move.

Bonehead

Don't know why anyone would go to this local theater, maybe to punish yourself ? I have lived here almost 40 years and made the mistake once.

puggymom

Don't know why anyone would go to this local theater, maybe to punish yourself ? I have lived here almost 40 years and made the mistake once.

My experience was not local. It was a mall in NY by my inlaws. Nice theater, large stadium seats.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
You know, you're right on point. Of course, I assume you're a perfect driver, just like the other folks here, right? Right? What, you say those other jackhole drivers on 235 using the turn lane as their own personal passing lane, u turners in non u turn lanes and shooting across all 3 lanes of traffic to get to their lard ass inducing fast food meal are not like you? Well, spanky, all cyclists (those that ride bikes) are not all alike. Some of us do obey traffic laws and do respect other drivers and try to make a good name for a sport we enjoy. There are those in every group that make it bad for everyone else. If we all started showing a little courtesy and respect to each other, yours and others' Gripes posts would be needed no more.

SugarNSpikes

Haha, I was hoping one of these threads would come up so I would not have to start one myself.

But really, you stupid bicyclists on Rose Hill Road/6/Causeway/Chapel Point Rd...

These are small, two laned roads.. and you jerks honestly expect me to chill out behind you until I can find a safe passing point and then have to drive in the OTHER LANE to get around you. How about you get the heck off the road OR go ride on that new fancy bike path they built. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bicyclists almost be hit because of how curvy the roads are and they come around a turn and bam-a bicyclist.

Last edited: