Execution Style

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Anybody else see the Deer get executed on Route 4 (St. Mary's County Side) this morning around 5:45?

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Who executed it?

Not sure exactly. Two cop cars were parked in the middle of the road with their lights on and I pulled up right behind a pickup-truck. Then lights flick on the truck and a man in a uniform steps out and puts a blanket over the deer’s head and all three of them drag it off to the side. Then the man out of the truck pulls his side arm and puts one in the deer’s dome. I guess he was either DNR or actual Sheriff's office??

L

letmetellyou

Not sure exactly. Two cop cars were parked in the middle of the road with their lights on and I pulled up right behind a pickup-truck. Then lights flick on the truck and a man in a uniform steps out and puts a blanket over the deer’s head and all three of them drag it off to the side. Then the man out of the truck pulls his side arm and puts one in the deer’s dome. I guess he was either DNR or actual Sheriff's office??

Sounds like they put a deer down for humanatarian reasons.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Sounds like they put a deer down for humanatarian reasons.

Obviously. They weren't just out there bored, spotlighting deer, and shoting them. Was just wondering if anybody else witnessed was all. Didn't see the car that hit it anywhere around.

dontknowwhy

Maybe the deer owed hush money...OOH!!!...maybe the deer's brother was the dirty one & this was just how the police sent him a message!!...

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
It was an escaped deer from Ridge that showed the effects of the nuclear waste from here. They had to put it down.

Montgomery county cop put down a deer my dad hit 12 years ago. Deer had a broken back and was laying in a ditch. Cop stood almost 10 feet away and blasted away. about 5 shots till he finally got lucky with a kill shot. Sounds like these guys did a MUCH better, more humane job of it. Good for them. :yay:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Seen it done before, it's The right thing to do. Then the next step should be to take to butcher, and donate the meat to shelters!

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Montgomery county cop put down a deer my dad hit 12 years ago. Deer had a broken back and was laying in a ditch. Cop stood almost 10 feet away and blasted away. about 5 shots till he finally got lucky with a kill shot. Sounds like these guys did a MUCH better, more humane job of it. Good for them. :yay:

Yup, this was a one and done. There was a long line building up behind me from people crossing the Solomon's Bridge so I am sure they wanted to get it done before to many people started wondering what was happening up front.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists

I have a question though. Since this DNR/Sheriff's Officer discharged his weapon - he has to go back to the station and write a report on that right?