Sheriff's Office dropped by....

Sheriff knocked on the door. Saw my front window open, warned me that there have been break-ins in the Town Creek area, while people were home, and cautioned me to make sure the windows were closed and locked if I leave.

Just passing the word.

Sheriff knocked on the door. Saw my front window open, warned me that there have been break-ins in the Town Creek area, while people were home, and cautioned me to make sure the windows were closed and locked if I leave.

Just passing the word.

I want to leave my garage door open and have it slam shut quickly, lock and cut power when someone enters past a certain point. All exits will be secured of course. Then the water level will rise as the ceiling slowly drops. Oh and the water moccasins will be let out too and maybe pirahnas.

Just passing the word.

Also they have been siphoning gas in our area and Cal Acres.

I want to leave my garage door open and have it slam shut quickly, lock and cut power when someone enters past a certain point. All exits will be secured of course. Then the water level will rise as the ceiling slowly drops. Oh and the water moccasins will be let out too and maybe pirahnas.

We can do that. We have the technology. Want to control it and watch the video from your BlackBerry? :popcorn:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Where did you buy that security system?..sounds exactly like what I've been looking for.

Seriously..is it my imagination or has the number of break-ins around the area been increasing of late?

Last edited:
Where did you buy that security system?..sounds exactly like what I've been looking for.

Seriously..is it my imagination or has the number of break-ins around the area been increasing of late?

They have been increasing all over, this is just the first time I heard of activity this close to me.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Hit three houses in a row (including a friend of mine). Broke into her house while they were home at night! Crazy.

You should do one or the other...the piranhas will eat the moccasins before they can do damage, then will be too full to inflict the intended punishment...

Don't have it yet. I think everyone has been expecting this as the economy tanks. It'll get worse plus it is usually worse when school is out too.

ginwoman

I think its just the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to break in's, etc. We must be prepared to defend ourselves and our stuff. That's all.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

Just passing the word.

Sad as it is, I never leave the house with any doors or windows unlocked. These stupid thugs are all over the place and you just can't be too safe. I can't believe they're being ballsy enough to enter people's homes when the residents are there. Karma's gonna get them with a bullet to the head when they enter the right house.

Hit three houses in a row (including a friend of mine). Broke into her house while they were home at night! Crazy.

Where was this, also in GWguy's area? That's really scary. Hubby can make fun of my borderline paranoia all he wants but I'll continue to do everything possible to protect my family. Can't imagine waking up to some punk standing over us with a gun or threatening/harming my little boy.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Where was this, also in GWguy's area? That's really scary. Hubby can make fun of my borderline paranoia all he wants but I'll continue to do everything possible to protect my family. Can't imagine waking up to some punk standing over us with a gun or threatening/harming my little boy.

They live off the Bluewinds entrance side.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House

That takes balls. what percentage of homeowners are armed? 1 out of 4 or 5? I couldn't imagine breaking into a house knowing that if I am to loud there is a 20 to 25% chance I will get shot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Put the Glock on the night stand. Problem solved.

Um, if you do not hear them, all the guns in the world won't help you.

A good security system runs around $45/mo. You can do it now, or you can be like me and get robbed - while you are asleep in bed - and *then* get the security system.

Ordered my security system last week. Just had a strange feeling, even tho I had no idea there were problems around here.

Probably a good time to remind people that it's not a great idea to post anything personal, your actual location or when you plan on being away from the house.

Last edited:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Um, if you do not hear them, all the guns in the world won't help you.

A good security system runs around $45/mo. You can do it now, or you can be like me and get robbed - while you are asleep in bed - and *then* get the security system.
It's a damn shame you had to resort to an electronic security system; but realistically & obviously speaking from experience, you are correct. I'm sitting in my house with the windows open right now tempting fate. I live in South Carolina.