I need some Tech help for PS1

S

*sunkist girl*

Looking for one of you guys who have tech info. I have a PS1 with 3 colored wires MY vcr has only two for audio and two for video.

HELP!!!!!

Warron

Originally posted by *sunkist girl*
Looking for one of you guys who have tech info. I have a PS1 with 3 colored wires MY vcr has only two for audio and two for video.

HELP!!!!!

The three colored wires on the PS1 should be yellow, red, and white. The Yellow is the Video cable, the red and the white are the two audio cables for stereo sound.

If your VCR is as I expect, one set of audio and video jacks are input and one set are output jacks. Since your VCR only has one audio jack, it has mono sound.

Just plug the yellow video cable from the ps1 into the video IN jack on your vcr and plug the red audio cable into the audio IN jack on the vcr. You won't get stereo sound this way, but your vcr doesn't support it anyway.

Many components with stereo sound will allow you to get all of the sound by using the red cable to connect to a mono device, but I am not sure if ps1 does or not. To make sure you don't loose any of the sounds, you could go to radio shack or maybe walmart and get a Y-connector that will allow you to connect the red and white cable together into one plug which can then be plugged into the VCR audio IN jack.

I hope this helps some.

S

*sunkist girl*

Thanks guys for yout help. I did what you said. But being the total idiot that I am I do not know how to get it to show on my tv. Everything is plugged in and the vcr is on and the tv, but all i HAVE IS A BLANK SCREEN. The Menu gave me an option of game on or off, I chose on but nothing

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Either your video cable is not plugged into the appropriate place or possibly your tv will need to be on a certain channel.

FIREMAN

If you have a new T.V. you'll have to change the channel to video1 or video2. or channel 3 usually works. Also try unplugging the red cable.