Bicyclists

nutz

:cds: Do we spend thousands on hiker/biker trails when they all insist on riding the roadways? The real complaint is they then insist on not allowing any motorized traffic to pass.

:cds: Do we spend thousands on hiker/biker trails when they all insist on riding the roadways? The real complaint is they then insist on not allowing any motorized traffic to pass.

They have a special jogging/bike lane on most roads on PAX. I got behind a bicycle on my M/C the other day who was way out in the car lane. He found out I have a pretty loud horn. :lol: People also seem to like to walk or jog two or three abreast. They get the same treatment.

Vince

Some bicylists are inconsiderate. Had one stopped on the side of the road, in the road on 235. The car in that lane had to swerve left into my lane to avoid hitting this idiot. Glad he didn't swerve too much because I was the one he swerved into. Close to hitting me broadside.

JoeR

My biggest gripe is those cyclists who don't think the rules of the road apply to them when their on it. Running red lights and stop signs and such. I had someone almost run into the side of my truck when they came flying out of a bike trail that crosses a road and they have a large stop sign and sign saying they're required to stop before crossing. He got all upset because I didn't stop and he went down trying to avoid me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My biggest gripe is those cyclists who don't think the rules of the road apply to them when their on it. Running red lights and stop signs and such. I had someone almost run into the side of my truck when they came flying out of a bike trail that crosses a road and they have a large stop sign and sign saying they're required to stop before crossing. He got all upset because I didn't stop and he went down trying to avoid me.

Did you point and laugh? :lol:

DEEKAYPEE8569

We ALL know that bicyclists are required to follow the same "rules of the road" as motorists; but when they violate those rules someone gets hurt, or worse; then who winds up at fault? The one driving the 2-3+ ton vehicle, that's who; and that's just wrong.

CIP: Last week some time, I was in afternoon traffic.
There were two or three cyclists on the shoulder, one behind the other. One of them decides he wants over from the shoulder to the left turn lane. So, he just hangs a left.
Luckily there was no one in front of me for about 4 car lengths and no one to my left or behind me; because I had to STAND on the brakes to keep from hitting this guy; who never even turned his head. It's almost like they are daring you to hit them.
If it weren't for the consequences-shmonsequences, I'd give 'em a tap.

So, when they ride on the roadway, I follow until it's safe to pass, "horning" them as I roll by. :shrug: :lmao:

DEEKAYPEE8569

They have a special jogging/bike lane on most roads on PAX. I got behind a bicycle on my M/C the other day who was way out in the car lane. He found out I have a pretty loud horn. :lol: People also seem to like to walk or jog two or three abreast. They get the same treatment.

:yeahthat:

nutz

So it's not just my imagination. There was a herd riding through the neighborhood last Sat. Driving my truck, trailer and tractor when I came around a s bend in the road and there they were, riding 3 abreast and 3 or 4 deep. Brakes and horn got the expected result......more than one gave me the middle finger. Kept on the horn and pushed on the gas.:1bdz: It was fun watching them scatter. :evil:

DEEKAYPEE8569

So it's not just my imagination. There was a herd riding through the neighborhood last Sat. Driving my truck, trailer and tractor when I came around a s bend in the road and there they were, riding 3 abreast and 3 or 4 deep. Brakes and horn got the expected result......more than one gave me the middle finger. Kept on the horn and pushed on the gas.:1bdz: It was fun watching them scatter. :evil:

:lmao:

luvmygdaughters

And why do they insist on riding on roads that have no shoulder. Rt. 244 in Medleys Neck is constantly being used by bikers. A driver has to swerve into the oncoming traffic lane or stay behind the cyclist until the road is clear in the other direction. I have nothing against people riding bikes, but please, do it on a bike trail. :coffee:

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr

:lol:

goughrmak

And why do they insist on riding on roads that have no shoulder. Rt. 244 in Medleys Neck is constantly being used by bikers. A driver has to swerve into the oncoming traffic lane or stay behind the cyclist until the road is clear in the other direction. I have nothing against people riding bikes, but please, do it on a bike trail. :coffee:

Do any of those people live down that road? I don't like people driving down my street. I wish they would find a different way to get to their house!

luvmygdaughters

Do any of those people live down that road? I don't like people driving down my street. I wish they would find a different way to get to their house!

I'm sure some do, but its still not a safe place to ride a bike. If you dont want people driving down your street, build your house on a bike path.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

I don't have a problem waiting if I come up on a cyclist if it's on a no shoulder road, what burns my ass is when the ignorant F**** are determined to ride the white line when there is a 5' shoulder next to them, move the F*** over!

I don't have a problem waiting if I come up on a cyclist if it's on a no shoulder road, what burns my ass is when the ignorant F**** are determined to ride the white line when there is a 5' shoulder next to them, move the F*** over!

Yep, if they have no choice except to ride in the road I'm fine with that. It's just that when they have a designated lane to ride in and choose not to I get irritated. How much would they like it if I decided to ride my M/C or drive my truck in their lane? Hell, I'd get a ticket!

:lol: I get the same middle finger salute if I tap my horn to let them know I'm behind them. They REALLY seem to take offense to that for some reason.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I noticed that when a thread (I thinks there's been more than just this one) is started about how inconsiderate bicyclists are, not one of them (bicyclists) come here to defend themselves. :shrug: Hmmm, why is that?? :sarcasm:
I'd love to know what they have to say about riding 3 wide, not using designated shoulder, etc.....