"Bunny Man"?

cissp

Cyber Cop
Does anyone remember the nut, known as the Bunny Man, that terrorized PG County back just before Halloween in (I believe) '70? Supposedly, this was someone dressed in a bunny costume that weilded a hatchet, and chopped at someone's car in Seat Pleasant, while a couple was inside necking. I think this same person hacked at the foundation of someone's home in Seat Pleasant, and also heard was chased by PG County police in Oxon Run Park. I know I'm not imagining this, because I read an article in the Washinton Post Sunday Magazine a couple of years ago.

As this happened just before Halloween in '70, we were really looking for the Bunny Man to surface around Easter, but that never happened.

Thanks,

Chuck

cissp

Cyber Cop
Nope, the Goat Man was a totally different recollection. In fact, around PG County, he was supposedly from around the Tucker Road Rec Center. Then again, since a "Goat Man" was mentioned in the movie "American Graffitti", it doesn't quite qualify as a PG County thing, does it?

Thanks,
Chuck

Originally posted by SmallTown
How old is Tigger's ex? :confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cissp
Nope, the Goat Man was a totally different recollection. In fact, around PG County, he was supposedly from around the Tucker Road Rec Center. Then again, since a "Goat Man" was mentioned in the movie "American Graffitti", it doesn't quite qualify as a PG County thing, does it?

Thanks,
Chuck
The racetrack featured in the movie was actually Baylands Raceway in Fremont, CA.

D

darkriver4362

I heard goat man was a PG county half man half goat that killed little kids.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by darkriver4362
I heard goat man was a PG county half man half goat that killed little kids.

I thought those things only existed in the 7th district?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I grew up in PG County. EVERYONE knows Goat Man was at Fletcherstown Road in Glenn Dale and he was there well before American Graffiti. Sheesh. :biggrin:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by cattitude
I grew up in PG County. EVERYONE knows Goat Man was at Fletcherstown Road in Glenn Dale and he was there well before American Graffiti. Sheesh. :biggrin:
:yeahthat: Wasn't one of the Hayden brothers a "witness"? :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
Everyone swears the "Goat Man" is from their town. :duh:
I have never heard of any of them. Maybe because I'm from the left coast. :shrug:

Angel

~*~*~
speakin' of ole' townie stories does anybody remember the story of "The Blue Dog"?..... Scary stuff!

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I KNEW IT. The goat man is from SOMD!!!!!:clap: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Of course, the rest of the world knows him as goatse!:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

(I ain't gonna post the pic, don't worry mom):cool:

RodRugg

Whew! That Bunny Man is scary and should be a criminal. Bunnies are very nice and he should be called something like Tiger Man or Shark Man or Alligator Man because he kills people and bunnies don't. Where I came from they had this man who dressed up like a Florida Stink Ape every Halloween and he used to run around and terrorize and grab at people and fire off guns at people. They called him Florida Stink Ape Man but he wasn't from Florida at all. He was where we was from and he just made that costume out of tree bark and shoestrings. People hated him for that and one year the police found him and took him to jail. After that people still saw him and said it was his ghost but some people didn't believe it and said you had to be dead to have a ghost. Anyways, he never killed nobody so maybe they could call him the Bunny Man instead of that other guy.

nomoney

Originally posted by RodRugg
Whew! That Bunny Man is scary and should be a criminal. Bunnies are very nice and he should be called something like Tiger Man or Shark Man or Alligator Man because he kills people and bunnies don't. Where I came from they had this man who dressed up like a Florida Stink Ape every Halloween and he used to run around and terrorize and grab at people and fire off guns at people. They called him Florida Stink Ape Man but he wasn't from Florida at all. He was where we was from and he just made that costume out of tree bark and shoestrings. People hated him for that and one year the police found him and took him to jail. After that people still saw him and said it was his ghost but some people didn't believe it and said you had to be dead to have a ghost. Anyways, he never killed nobody so maybe they could call him the Bunny Man instead of that other guy.

smilie_liebe12.gif

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by Angel
speakin' of ole' townie stories does anybody remember the story of "The Blue Dog"?..... Scary stuff!
And if you don't remember, try reading: "More Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark."