grandpa

I know that I am new here, (2 weeks) but I have seen no activity on 235. the same cones are in the same spots every day, and no one is doing anything. Do they work on the road between midnight and 5 AM? We came here last year and the year before on vacations, it still seems the same. The cones/barrels all over and no work being done. I may live in Calvert county, but do drive in St Marys County, this roadway is apalling.
Whom do we contact to build the fire that will get things moving again?:confused:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Welcome Grandpa! :howdy:

I think the last I heard is that they are supposed to be done by the end of the year.

Of course that is subject to change. :frown:

ohstate

The Washington Post article from a few weeks ago:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14691-2003Oct24.html

"The first contract, from Route 237 to Pegg Road, was to have been completed by June 1, 2002, and is still underway. The second contract, from Pegg Road to Great Mills Road (Route 246), was supposed to have been finished by June 15 this year, but the contractor, citing inclement weather, has sought an extension of its deadline."

:cussing: :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
boo

welcome to st. marys county lol. they will never finish. when they get this completed it will be time to start again lol.

dustin

UAIOE
They're out there on it in the middle of the night. Matter of fact I saw em last night around 1AM with vehicles, cones, and people standing around. Now, as to how much actual work gets done...:shrug: I hear some people around the office complain about the workers, but I dont see how its all the workers fault, I believe its their leadership thats dragging this out.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
is this the construction that is mainly in the Park area, or up 235 toward M-ville? :confused: They've had cones up our way (between M-ville and Hollywood) for a month or so now, and I've been wondering what they were there for. :ohwell:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
235 down by the base and just north of Great Mills Road is horrible !!! :boo: I've been on dirt roads in Tennessee that are in better shape than that !! I realize we had a lot of rain this year but we noticed many nice days went by and rarely saw anyone working on the roads ... I find it hard to believe there is a shortage of road construction crew .

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Originally posted by cariblue
If I've said it once....:rolleyes:

They do most of the work at night. I do have a quesiton, though. Do you think elves put the new asphalt down?

:lol: that would explain the high quality workmanship :biggrin: