1840; Trooper 7 with a 12 minute ETA
1842; LZ will now be Great Mills High School
1848; Ambulance now en route to the LZ
1901; Trooper 7 on the ground doing patient assessment
1919; Trooper 7 flying to Baltimore Shock Trauma

Last edited:

tyky

eieio
I drove right by it, traffic was getting through in the right lane and he was laying in the left lane. Of course we were driving by really slow and of course we looked and even my kids saw it. So sad, my prayers with him!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There has been lots of pedestrians getting struck lately.

I'm shocked there aren't more. Apparently nobody teaches their kids to look both ways anymore - they literally just walk right out into traffic without a care in the world.

thurley42

HY;FR
There has been lots of pedestrians getting struck lately.

This afternoon I saw a guy straight run out in front of a truck on GMR in front of Canopy Liquors...the truck had to lock up it's brakes......this and people standing in the median at night in dark clothing add up to more and more people getting hit...it's sad that it is a kid, but if you aren't smart enough to stay out of the street, i guess it's a thinning of the herd.

I mean what, we're taught to stay out of traffic at 5? maybe 6?

SoMDGirl42

I mean what, we're taught to stay out of traffic at 5? maybe 6?

My 5 year old respects moving vehicles. I don't know at what age they lose that respect and think the vehicles should respect them as pedestrians.

How old was this "juvenile" ? Are we talking 17? :coffee:

Danzig

25 year old male.
The same guy that walks in the road every day, he often walks up the middle of the road. Police get calls EVERY DAY about him. it was a hit and run but they came back to the scene.

PJumper

25 year old male.
The same guy that walks in the road every day, he often walks up the middle of the road. Police get calls EVERY DAY about him. it was a hit and run but they came back to the scene.

Is it the blond guy, light built, about 5' 9"?

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
I'm shocked there aren't more. Apparently nobody teaches their kids to look both ways anymore - they literally just walk right out into traffic without a care in the world.

I had a guy in his 30's-40's do exactly this today. He's lucky I had to go over a speed bump. Otherwise, I was going to give him a good scare.

keekee

Was this the young man who always looks like he's ranting about something, throwing his arms around and yelling as he walks..? If so, I almost hit him at the same intersection a couple of months ago. He was standing on the curb, and then just stepped right out in front of me. He jumped back at the last second, but it was VERY close. Scared the crap out of me. By the way, he is obviously mentally challenged, if it's the same guy. Too bad, I hope he's ok.

unxpcted

Was this the young man who always looks like he's ranting about something, throwing his arms around and yelling as he walks..? If so, I almost hit him at the same intersection a couple of months ago. He was standing on the curb, and then just stepped right out in front of me. He jumped back at the last second, but it was VERY close. Scared the crap out of me. By the way, he is obviously mentally challenged, if it's the same guy. Too bad, I hope he's ok.

Yes, this is the guy you are talking about. He was mentally challenged due to drugs from his mother. I had heard he died in route to the trauma center.

SoMDGirl42

Yes, this is the guy you are talking about. He was mentally challenged due to drugs from his mother. I had heard he died in route to the trauma center.

So this was the slight built blonde guy?

I've nearly hit him myself several times. It was inevitable that it would happen, but a shame none the less.

Is it confirmed he has passed?

glhs837

Power with Control
Rose, I assume his mother was taking drugs while pregnant with him. Just gave him a buck a few weeks back at the gas station. Other than asking folks nicely for a dollar (and that only in the last few weeks) I never saw him harassing anyone in the couple of years I have seen him along GMR. Odd behavior, true but not bad behavior.