Paranoid Calvert cop

Mabus

Free Rent
Just because you perceive that a picture or video is being taken of you with a cell phone does not mean it happens. You thought you'd be a smartass and lecture me until I quoted you the law and even offered for you to rummage through my cell phone to prove I had no photo or video of you. You didn't intimidate me. Oh, and nice try putting your head about a foot in the car to try and get a whiff of "an odor of burnt marijuana", it's not gonna happen.

Take your little repair order along with the Maryland Wiretap law and shove them up your ass.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmmm, exactly what laws did you quote back and forth. Because legally speaking, MD has not definitively pinned down the recording of law enforcement officers in the line of duty. Over here in ST Marys, the SA has clarified it, but thats only here. Like that guy on the motorcycle, you could face a nasty legal battle if you record any audio. Pictures, you should be okay, but that might take a trip to the pokey and a consult with the SA. So do be careful. As far as letting him search your cell phone, that seems a bit much to me.

calvcopf

I agree, do not let them search your phone, sounds like he just wanted to harass and see how far he could push you....

wonderboy

Just because you perceive that a picture or video is being taken of you with a cell phone does not mean it happens. You thought you'd be a smartass and lecture me until I quoted you the law and even offered for you to rummage through my cell phone to prove I had no photo or video of you. You didn't intimidate me. Oh, and nice try putting your head about a foot in the car to try and get a whiff of "an odor of burnt marijuana", it's not gonna happen.

Take your little repair order along with the Maryland Wiretap law and shove them up your ass.

Well...if you weren't breaking the law you wouldn't have had to interact with him.

Bunnieman

Eh..dont worry, your tantrum will probably be on TruTV With Leif Garret laughing at you!

wonderboy

He mentioned "repair order" which could possibly be a burnt out head or tail light. That's not breaking the law.

I saw that it said "repair order". If you are driving with a burnt out tail light or head light that is a violation (breaking) of the law.

glhs837

Power with Control
And, since he was breaking the law, the officer is allowed to do whatever he wants? Not last I checked.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
Both of you sound so brave. Police Officer's put their life on the line (132 killed in 2011) everyday, take a load of crap from "citizen's" like you two (whether you are right or wrong) - yet, when an emergency comes along - both of you will want them to risk their lives for ya. Yea, you two are very very brave.

I know - now you will throw a bunch of crap at me - big deal!

...Take your little repair order along with the Maryland Wiretap law and shove them up your ass...

...sounds like he just wanted to harass and see how far he could push you...

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
Yea, big deal - rather then thank the Officer for letting you know that your tag light was out - just ##### about it. The Police Officer was following (an enforcing) the law - isn't that what we pay him/her for? If it is "ridiculous" - patition the State to remove the law. Good grief - just replace the bulb and quit complaining. Unreal!

I was pulled over in Calvert for one bulb out on my tag... Ridiculous if you ask me!

Hank

my war
Yea, big deal - rather then thank the Officer for letting you know that your tag light was out - just ##### about it. The Police Officer was following (an enforcing) the law - isn't that what we pay him/her for? If it is "ridiculous" - patition the State to remove the law. Good grief - just replace the bulb and quit complaining. Unreal!

:lmao:

Well, my plate was still visible with the other bulb... you would think he could deal with the crackheads at 7-11 instead of pulling people over for a tiny bulb.

SoMDGirl42

I saw that it said "repair order". If you are driving with a burnt out tail light or head light that is a violation (breaking) of the law.

So you are basically saying, we all need to start doing a complete "pre-flight" of our vehicle before we ever get into the drivers seat? Just because all my lights worked last time I drove, doesn't mean they are all going to work next time and I don't want to purposefully violate any laws.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
Oh get over it Hank. :killingme Besides, the Police Officer may have noticed something about your driving and pulled you over for the burnt out bulb to make sure you weren't having problems.

...you would think he could deal with the crackheads at 7-11 instead of pulling people over for a tiny bulb...

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
OMG - I sure the heck hope you look over your ride every now and then. Oh, I don't know - maybe take a look at your tires before you leave the house. Maybe check out your lights once a year to see if they are working so someone won't get hurt when they don't see ya coming up the road in the wrong lane...:killingme

...So you are basically saying, we all need to start doing a complete "pre-flight" of our vehicle before we ever get into the drivers seat...

Hank

my war
Oh get over it Hank. :killingme Besides, the Police Officer may have noticed something about your driving and pulled you over for the burnt out bulb to make sure you weren't having problems.

I wouldn't be complaining if it was a headlight or even a taillight because that is actually "unsafe", but 1 little tiny tag bulb... gimme a break! Bored much?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wouldn't be complaining if it was a headlight or even a taillight because that is actually "unsafe", but 1 little tiny tag bulb... gimme a break! Bored much?

So do you feel that you should be able to break laws that you feel are silly? And should cops only be able to enforce the laws they think are valid?

Hank

my war
So do you feel that you should be able to break laws that you feel are silly? And should cops only be able to enforce the laws they think are valid?

Honestly, I thought for something like that, they would give you a citation for it if you were pulled over for something else and not pull you over just for that... Come on Vrai, let me have one complaint compared to your 2,347....:coffee: I went and got it fixed and went on my merry way... It doesn't mean I am a cop hater or a god forsaken liberal...:lmao: