Just want to say hello

K

KBlues

Hello. I have been lurking for awhile and I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I have lived in Southern Calvert County all my life, and have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 4 birds. Can you tell I love animals?

Other than that, I am a pretty boring and uneventful person. I work in DC - hate the commute, but love the job.

And that's pretty much all there is to tell you about me. I told you I was boring! :)

Thanks

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Hey!!!

How are you?
Welcome.
I guess if you've been lurking for a while, you pretty much know what to expect here.
For example:
What are you wearing?

F

Flo

Hello There..

Glad you decided to come on board.

I also work in DC, so know what you mean about the commute! How do you commute? Do you drive in, or commute by bus/van pool. I take the Keller Bus. Long ride, but much less hectic.

:smile:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Hi KBlues

Originally posted by KBlues
I have lived in Southern Calvert County all my life, and have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 4 birds.

I like you already! :howdy:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Welcome! Glad you chimed in. I commute to DC too from St. Mary's Cty. I drive - vroom........I got a dawg!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Another animal lover here - 2 dogs and 2 cats, plus all the critters in the woods around my new house.

Welcome, KBlues!

K

KBlues

Two of my brids are African Grays and two are Solomon Island Eclectus parrots. Their names are Moby, Bo, Buella and Mica. I am not quite sure if the Grays (Moby&Bo) are male or female. The vet said I could have a DNA test done, but it's pretty expensive. I think they are the same sex. I have had them for a few years now and I have never seen them try to lay or hatch an egg. I think they are male.

Buella and Mica are both females. They are very young, and not talking yet. They whistle, but just not very well yet. I just hope that all of the birds do not pick up any bad words or phrases. I would hate to walk in my house and one of the birds say "You're fat and ugly. Ha ha ha!"

Moby and Bo talk A LOT. Moby always calls the dogs and asks them "Do you want a treat? Do you? Do you? Oh what a good boy!" Even though I have had them for awhile, it still startles me when they yell out "Hey! What ya doing!" Bo likes to wolf whistle at anyone that walks by.

I drive to NW DC (New Hampshire Ave) everyday. I just loved that traffic on 4 this morning. Rain and snow seem to bring all the idiot drivers out.

I am finally here at work and I am eating a piece of chocolate chip pound cake and messing around on the computer. Looks like it is going to be a real productive day!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
African Grays are a riot. A friend of mine had one when we were growing up. His grandmother who was pretty much "losing it" lived with them. She was not a very pleasant person and whenever the phone rang or someone was knocking at the door she would say "oh $hit". After time the bird started saying the same thing when the phone rang or there was a knock on the door. To this day it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Moby always calls the dogs and asks them "Do you want a treat? Do you? Do you? Oh what a good boy!" Even though I have had them for awhile, it still startles me when they yell out "Hey! What ya doing!" Bo likes to wolf whistle at anyone that walks by.
That's hilarious! :lol:

K

KBlues

Right now, since the boss is away on vacation, I am wearing faded Lee jeans, a blue long sleeve shirt (they have the AC on full blast here), and black boots. My hair is pulled up in a ponytail because I had trouble getting out of bed this morning and didn't have time to do anything with it. Oh, and I am wearing crumbs from the pound cake I inhaled this morning.

I sould so lady-like and high class, don't I?

:razz2:

K

KBlues

Buella and Mica (the Eclectus's) are female. They are in one cage and the Grays are in another. They seem to get along with each other.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Welcome aboard Blues!! :cheesy:

I am eating a piece of chocolate chip pound cake and messing around on the computer. Looks like it is going to be a real productive day!

Sounds pretty productive to me.... you're satisfying your taste buds. :yum:

Can I have a piece?

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Right now, since the boss is away on vacation, I am wearing faded Lee jeans, a blue long sleeve shirt (they have the AC on full blast here), and black boots. My hair is pulled up in a ponytail because I had trouble getting out of bed this morning and didn't have time to do anything with it. Oh, and I am wearing crumbs from the pound cake I inhaled this morning.

I sould so lady-like and high class, don't I?

:razz2:

Thanks!!!

Cracka

A former coworker/neighbor of mine used to have me stop by his house to feed,water,and check on his pets while he and his wife were on vacation,3 of the pets were birds and one of those was an African Grey named "Harley".He used to crack me up with his phrases and noises he made,he usually waited till I left the room or wasn't looking at him before he would start talking,can't remember what he said though.:ohwell:.

K

Kizzy

Welcome KBlues!!

Anyone every watch Crank Yankers?

There was one episode where the bird wouldn't stop saying foul words and phrases so she called the pet store. It is pretty funny! :smile: