"24" show

PJay

Okay, so I tuned in last evening to see what all the hoopla is about...

For those that do not watch, nukes went off in California. The havoc you can imagine.

I think, our government should start educating people. Along with informing the populace about islam, they could throw this in as well, about some preparedness. It's going to happen I believe, and so I believe preparedness is the key. It would give a little peace of mind, and minimize panic along with attempting to depend on the feds or states to take care of everything, which we all know is impossible.

Maybe some of you have already thought of this and are ready.

For those that aren't like me..

I would like to share with you the following:

http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/family/disaster-guide/nuclear.htm

If any of you out there can add to this, please do.

Good info... I didn't know this info in particular...

Fallout radiation loses its intensity fairly rapidly. In time, you will be able to leave the fallout shelter. Radioactive fallout poses the greatest threat to people during the first two weeks, by which time it has declined to about 1% of its initial radiation level.

Well crap... we won't be driving anywhere...:doh:

Most electronic equipment within 1,000 miles of a high-altitude nuclear detonation could be affected. Battery powered radios with short antennas generally would not be affected.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
So we'll have more of a problem with terrorist, but less of a problem with illegal immigrants. This is a hard one folks... :whistle:

Coventry17

Homesick said:
Along with informing the populace about islam

And just what does the government need to inform the populace about? Islam is no more responsible for terrorism than Christianity was for the Crusades or the Inquisition.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Coventry17 said:
And just what does the government need to inform the populace about? Islam is no more responsible for terrorism than Christianity was for the Crusades or the Inquisition.
So all you're saying is it's Islam's turn to terrorize the world, accept it?

SamSpade

Coventry17 said:

No - but *Christians* were responsible for the Crusades and the Inquisition. It wasn't done in the name of the king of Spain or for the almighty ducat.

Right now, *Muslims* are the primary face of terror in the world, and they are doing it *for* religious reasons. The more I learn about Islam in history, the more this concerns me - it's not really part of Islam to be tolerant. Just patient. They do not have regard for secular law - there is Allah's law and everything else.

chernmax

PsyOps said:
So all you're saying is it's Islam's turn to terrorize the world, accept it?

LOL, at least they waited until after Germany and Japan failed... :coffee:

PJay

Would like you to know I'm not the karma bomber, that said, my state of puzzlement is the direction of this thread. Not what I intended at all, but it happens. If I could make it go poof, I would.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Homesick said:
Would like you to know I'm not the karma bomber, that said, my state of puzzlement is the direction of this thread. Not what I intended at all, but it happens. If I could make it go poof, I would.

Have a nice day.
I appreciate that, but never thought it was anyone in particular. I just like to expose the driveby Karma cowards as best I can and move on. :popcorn:

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Cripes, before you witness a nuke going off, years before you'll see either a dirty bomb, or some sort of bio attack (and not the home grown type either).

But we need the oil, so what are you going to do? Conserve energy? Buy a fuel efficient car? Turn out the lights you aren't using????

Nahh, I didn't think so....

Enjoy life now, the hard times are close, so close.

Homesick said:
Okay, so I tuned in last evening to see what all the hoopla is about...

For those that do not watch, nukes went off in California. The havoc you can imagine.

I think, our government should start educating people. Along with informing the populace about islam, they could throw this in as well, about some preparedness. It's going to happen I believe, and so I believe preparedness is the key. It would give a little peace of mind, and minimize panic along with attempting to depend on the feds or states to take care of everything, which we all know is impossible.

Maybe some of you have already thought of this and are ready.

For those that aren't like me..

I would like to share with you the following:

http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/family/disaster-guide/nuclear.htm

If any of you out there can add to this, please do.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
hey join the club, I got that beat easy, and that's just the past 3 days!!

SOMD is full of anonymous cowards.

01-25-2007 05:58 AM please go jump off a cliff and stop wasting my oxygen

01-23-2007 10:56 PM no,no,no and more no. Goodnight!

01-23-2007 07:10 PM Idiot.

01-23-2007 02:44 PM okay, Mohammed Jukbar! You win, you are sooo smart

01-22-2007 01:06 PM You are an ass. You really take pleasure in this don't you?

PsyOps said:
Well one of our finest cowards has made their point (in a most mature manner) clear. :whistle:

chernmax

forestal said:
Cripes, before you witness a nuke going off, years before you'll see either a dirty bomb, or some sort of bio attack (and not the home grown type either).

But we need the oil, so what are you going to do? Conserve energy? Buy a fuel efficient car? Turn out the lights you aren't using????

If we must conserve energy, please start by powering down your computer, turning off your lights and selling your car (if you have one?). This will be a great start. I'm sure most people on this forum will support your efforts windbag!!! :wench:

PsyOps

Pixelated
forestal said:

This is the same mentality we had prior to 911. We (particularly our government) pretended we were impervious from any kind of attack. When we know there is an enemy that would love nothing more than to light off a nuke in our largest cities it’s a mistake to downplay any possibility.

And we really don’t need foreign oil. We have the oil assets within the US to sustain us for a very long time. But, with the environmentalists and the liberals in their court there will be no more refineries built or drill off the gulf coast or in the oil shale of the mid-west or in Anwar Alaska. The liberals have completely tied our hands, keeping us dependent on foreign oil.