24 West Point football players nabbed in cheating scandal

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
No honor in failing should be the new credo.

First, it was depressing when a 9-2 Army team was not invited to a bowl game. Now, with the Cadets prepping for the Liberty Bowl, comes more woeful news. According to a USA Today report, two dozen of the people involved in the cheating scandal at West Point are football players.

Overall, 55 of the 73 involved are athletes at Army, per the report.

In all, 55 of the 73 cadets accused of cheating on a calculus final exam in May are athletes, including 17 who remain on the football team, USA TODAY has learned.
A few have played in football games this season after having been accused of cheating.

Report: West Point cheating scandal involves 24 football players (msn.com)

limblips

PREMO Member
Okay, I am going out on a limb here but any bets on whether or not the ethnic makeup of the cheaters even closely matches that of the general population?

BOP

Okay, I am going out on a limb here but any bets on whether or not the ethnic makeup of the cheaters even closely matches that of the general population?
That's a sucker's bet, reading between the lines:
A few have played in football games this season after having been accused of cheating. Some of those players could dress and play in the Liberty Bowl on Thursday, according to Army Lt. Col. Christopher Ophardt, a West Point spokesman.

They’re allowed to play because West Point’s superintendent in October suspended a policy that limited or prevented cadets found in violation of the academy’s honor code from representing the academy in public, including athletes at sports events.

Under the suspended policy, most of the cadets would not have been eligible to play after Nov. 30, the date they were found in violation of the honor code, Ophardt said. The academy is not naming the cadets. Their punishment will be finalized in January.

Translation: we're gonna wait until we're past any social outrage before we do anything about this.

Hessian

I'm sorry, but certain questions of this nature are forbidden to be asked...please stand in that line over there for re-education.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Goes to my dislike of what are supposed to be academic institutions having sports entertainment as a focus.