Any Bearded Dragon owners?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I have a question. We have a 10 year old that has been acting oddly lately. She's been off her food and will whip her tail around for no reason.

This morning I found her laying on her back looking gone. Freaked me out. When I went to touch her she went wild wiggling and flailing. I righted her and she gave me a "look". Two hours later she was at it again on her back. I flipped her back over and she hasn't done it since.

Has this ever happened with your beardie?

DEEKAYPEE8569

"Bearded Dragon" LOLOL

I have a question. We have a 10 year old that has been acting oddly lately. She's been off her food and will whip her tail around for no reason.

This morning I found her laying on her back looking gone. Freaked me out. When I went to touch her she went wild wiggling and flailing. I righted her and she gave me a "look". Two hours later she was at it again on her back. I flipped her back over and she hasn't done it since.

I'm sorry; just have to say something "smart".....doesn't this sound like a euphemism for the male "organ"?
Made myself laugh.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Seriously though, is she "sunning herself"? Or maybe it's an indicator that warmer weather's FINALLY coming?

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Breeding season?
Is she "of age" to begin to breed?

There is a dude called the Reptile Man..he does shows with his reptiles..perhaps someone know how to contact him and find out what is going on with your girl....

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
All my searching says bearded dragons have a lifespan of 8-10 years. :frown:

Contact All Kinds Vet in Callaway. Perhaps they can give you better information or point you in the right direction to get the answers.

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Contact All Kinds Vet in Callaway. Perhaps they can give you better information or point you in the right direction to get the answers.

Oh my.....I quess she is WAY beyond breeding age.......sorry.......

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Breeding season?

There is a dude called the Reptile Man..he does shows with his reptiles..perhaps someone know how to contact him and find out what is going on with your girl....

She's 10 and for the 9 years I've had her, she's never had a mate. She hated all the other beardies at the pet store and was housed with a different type of lizard.

Maybe I'll call them at the store...the owner supposedly has one or two.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

Yeah, I'm worried about her. I know some can live 20 years but.... I had her down there not long ago about her eye, she had a vitamin deficiency because she's such a picky eater. They thought she looked pretty good. May have to find the funds for another visit though - and quickly.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I've had a few bearded clams before but never a dragon. :biggrin: :uknowusawitcoming:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yeah, I'm worried about her. I know some can live 20 years but.... I had her down there not long ago about her eye, she had a vitamin deficiency because she's such a picky eater. They thought she looked pretty good. May have to find the funds for another visit though - and quickly.

:huggy:

Dakota

~~~~~~~

3-10 years and 12 is considered rare, bre. I would think if some get to near 20 that would be extremely rare. 10 is a pretty long life.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bearded-Dragon/223265086245

^ this page has nearly 7000 followers so perhaps somebody there can tell you. You mention her being "off her food" and I'm not sure what that means. I take it you mean she isn't eating?

Roman

Breeding season?

Mr Tom will be at Pepper's Pet Pantry Grand opening this weekend. He has Beardies. It does sound like a possible Sex thing though.

bcp

In My Opinion
Breeding season?

Is he a black man, real nice guy by the name of Elmore?
At any rate, I can get in touch with this guy on Monday and find out.

bcp

In My Opinion

I dont know about the bearded dragon, but I do know that my turtles slow down this time of year, they will go a few weeks or more without eating, they stay under water, they look dead.
My snake on the other hand is right on schedule with feeding, but he is staying out of sight during the day now.

what is the heat in the tank ?