are there any fire hydrants in white sands?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Don't know anything about White Sands but neighborhoods on well water don't ever have fire hydrants, neighborhoods on public water always do.

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by cmcdanal
Don't know anything about White Sands but neighborhoods on well water don't ever have fire hydrants, neighborhoods on public water always do.

I didn't get that one.

Second, that's one thing I never understood, this little gated community thing that's the next town over from us, is RIGHT on the water but has 5000 fire hydrents, I know the fire trucks can pump out of the river, I've seen them do it, and it seems alot easier since you just kinda throw the hose in the water and switch on the pump, no wrenches required lol

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by darkriver4362
I didn't get that one.

What's not to get? Do you have well water? if yes, there are not waterlines to supply hydrants.

Fire hydrants are safer more reliable than river water. What happens if the hose sucks up a piece of trash or a plant or something? So, if the waterlines are there, the fire hydrants are too.

D

darkriver4362

Just making sure, I really don't care lol....I did ride bus 314 when I was in kindergarden, that bus was umm....shall we say horizontally challenged?

J

justhangn

Just making sure, I really don't care lol....I did ride bus 314 when I was in kindergarden, that bus was umm....shall we say horizontally challenged?

Alrighty then, you shouldn't be too upset when people recognize your bus riding experience. :yay:

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by justhangn
Alrighty then, you shouldn't be too upset when people recognize your bus riding experience. :yay:

I'm not....they wouldn't let me sommersault down the ramp though.

J

justhangn

I'm not....they wouldn't let me sommersault down the ramp though.
:shrug: It's always easier to say you're sorry than to ask for permission. :really:

D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by justhangn
:shrug: It's always easier to say you're sorry than to ask for permission. :really:

LOL......I've got to run dude, I'll see ya'll tonite.

meme

The Smart Hooker
We lived on Sycamore (down by the water) before we sold our house and moved South. I can honestly say that I have never seen a hydrant anywhere. We of course had well water. Not sure about the other streets. We only lived there for a year and never really ventured out to the other parts. :confused: