New Mexican Restaurant in Old Lonestar Building

BethAnnNoNO

Have some friends telling me that there is a new Fresh Mex restaurant coming into the old lonestar building! She works in Millison's office and the lease is being signed tomorrow! Apparently they are coming out of the Alexandria area partnering with Linda's daughter from Linda's Cafe! I would love some real fresh mex style cooking! I am from south texas and there is no place like home! Anybody heard about this yet

DEEKAYPEE8569

I used to spend lots of time in South Texas at Kelly AFB. Taco Bell was always my favorite.

:yeahthat:
When I was growing up, there was a Taco Bell about 10 min. from Grandma's house, in VA. We would always go at least once when we went to visit.
That was "a treat"; so my Brother and I were always anxious to visit.
But, I also know what authentic homemade Mexican cuisine is, due to a few trips to SOCAL. But, here's hoping that if a new Mexican restaurant goes up; it will be as good as what I think Salsa's is.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
:yeahthat:
When I was growing up, there was a Taco Bell about 10 min. from Grandma's house, in VA. We would always go at least once when we went to visit.
That was "a treat"; so my Brother and I were always anxious to visit.
But, I also know what authentic homemade Mexican cuisine is, due to a few trips to SOCAL. But, here's hoping that if a new Mexican restaurant goes up; it will be as good as what I think Salsa's is.

If you like Salsas, you owe it to yourself to try the Fiesta Cafe.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Another cookie-cutter fast food Mexican place. Menu looks like it is more like Chipolte, Moe's, and Salsarita's.

I'm okay with those, but NOT! Taco Hell. I don't even understand why anyone on earth would eat there. Ick.

But really, another Mexican place? Just what we need. Gee, how about another Chinese restaurant while we're at it?

glhs837

Power with Control
So, what sort of food do you want to see? Pretty sure we have American covered, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, who else?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, what sort of food do you want to see? Pretty sure we have American covered, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, who else?
I want some lovely black lady or gentleman to open a real soul food cafe. One with great fried chicken, collards, catfish, skillet bread, and real grits. And I want them to do it right now because I'm hungry after listing all that.

And yes, it must be a black person who cooks the food. I don't want no white lady screwing up my soul food.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I'm okay with those, but NOT! Taco Hell. I don't even understand why anyone on earth would eat there. Ick.

But really, another Mexican place? Just what we need. Gee, how about another Chinese restaurant while we're at it?

There is NOTHING like taco bell when you are drunk as ****. :dye: