Fifty Shades of Grey

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James

"When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time. Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever."

[amazon]1612130283[/amazon]

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Grabbed the book last night at Target (for a good price) and started reading it. I only read about 50 pages before it was time for bed but the book definitely has my interest. I'm not a big reader (well, unless you include gossip mags), so for me to even buy a book is astonishing.

The anticipation of what is to come next has me wanting to read more and more. The book is very descriptive and keeps my attention. Definitely a must read.

This is the first book in a trilogy. The other two are 'Fifty Shades Darker' and 'Fifty Shades Freed.' Anyone read those? How are they?

Jameo

What?!
Grabbed the book last night at Target (for a good price) and started reading it. I only read about 50 pages before it was time for bed but the book definitely has my interest. I'm not a big reader (well, unless you include gossip mags), so for me to even buy a book is astonishing.

The anticipation of what is to come next has me wanting to read more and more. The book is very descriptive and keeps my attention. Definitely a must read.

This is the first book in a trilogy. The other two are 'Fifty Shades Darker' and 'Fifty Shades Freed.' Anyone read those? How are they?

Half way thru the second one and all the sex is getting kinda monotonous

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
This kind of thing pisses me off. A book full of poorly written, less than sensational, slightly kinky sex and women go all ape like its a terrific piece of literature. For heaven's sake go look up free vids on the internet if you're that starved :lmao: and then you can actually go find a real book to read with a little substance to it. And it's all over the news and internet and makes women look like a bunch of empty-headed idiots.

LordStanley

I know nothing
This kind of thing pisses me off. A book full of poorly written, less than sensational, slightly kinky sex and women go all ape like its a terrific piece of literature. For heaven's sake go look up free vids on the internet if you're that starved :lmao: and then you can actually go find a real book to read with a little substance to it. And it's all over the news and internet and makes women look like a bunch of empty-headed idiots.

They're not?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Attachments

• 135319163774023082_ibnkwkGM_castro.jpg
    135319163774023082_ibnkwkGM_castro.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 137

Dakota

~~~~~~~

WOW... somewhat harsh but I get your point. :lol: Basically, it is a good trashy read. Now granted, I am not an avid reader of "erotic fiction," but I have read Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty series which is far better written and riveting :blushing:.

Radiant1

Soul Probe

After reading the books listed here http://forums.somd.com/religion/245979-book-club.html#post4814778 I needed a break and was up for some entertaining mindless drivel. With that having been said, I am rather surprised it's such a big sensation. I'm sure there's plenty a smutty author who's jealous over the news coverage this one is getting. :lol:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Half way thru the second one and all the sex is getting kinda monotonous
Monotonous sex is still better than no sex.

My browser kept trying to change monotonous to mountainous, which would have changed my answer somewhat.