Michelle Obama And Bo Visit Wounded Veterans

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"To kick off the Month of Military Child, first lady Michelle Obama took part in a pre-Easter celebration yesterday with wounded veterans and their families at the Fisher House on Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., USA Today reports.

Fisher Houses are "comfort homes" built by the Fisher House Foundation on the grounds of major military and Veterans Affairs department medical centers. These homes allow family members of military personnel who are hospitalized to have a comfortable place to stay for the duration of their loved ones' treatment and recovery.

"It is always one of my favorite things to come visit Fisher House," Obama told the group of about 45 recovering service members, their spouses and children, Veteran News Now reports. "This house is a home away from home to so many of our military families. The work they do here is amazing."

Ever the generous guest, the first lady didn't come empty-handed.

Bearing armfuls of Easter cookies made in the White House kitchen, she gave away tickets to the White House Easter Egg Roll and spoke individually with service members and their families, Veterans News Now reports.

Bo -- the Obamas’ beloved Portuguese water dog -- was another highlight of the first lady's visit.

"I brought one of my best friends in the whole world, my only son," Obama said, before Bo -- adorned with a pair of bunny ears -- emerged to the squeals of children."

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Link to original article.

"To kick off the Month of Military Child, first lady Michelle Obama took part in a pre-Easter celebration yesterday with wounded veterans and their families at the Fisher House on Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., USA Today reports.

Fisher Houses are "comfort homes" built by the Fisher House Foundation on the grounds of major military and Veterans Affairs department medical centers. These homes allow family members of military personnel who are hospitalized to have a comfortable place to stay for the duration of their loved ones' treatment and recovery.

"It is always one of my favorite things to come visit Fisher House," Obama told the group of about 45 recovering service members, their spouses and children, Veteran News Now reports. "This house is a home away from home to so many of our military families. The work they do here is amazing."

Ever the generous guest, the first lady didn't come empty-handed.

Bearing armfuls of Easter cookies made in the White House kitchen, she gave away tickets to the White House Easter Egg Roll and spoke individually with service members and their families, Veterans News Now reports.

Bo -- the Obamas’ beloved Portuguese water dog -- was another highlight of the first lady's visit.

"I brought one of my best friends in the whole world, my only son," Obama said, before Bos -- adorned with a pair of bunny ears -- emerged to the squeals of children."
So this was their 4th annual event at the Fisher House? Or is this the tenth because they were doing it before they were interested in getting elected or re-elected?