MVA With A Motorcycle - California

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
4 and Wildewood Pkwy

1028; Chief 1A advising the availability of the helo
1028; Fireboard advising call by call
1028; 32 YOM rear ended a vehicle, broken right leg, deep laceration to the chin
1028; Rear ended approx 25-30 mph
1029; Patient is conscious and alert
1030; Chief 1A advising no need for the squad, Engine 92 advising to keep Squad 7 en route
1031; 92 returning the squad
1037; Rt 4 in the area is shut down completely
1045; 798 handling the transport to SMH, command terminated, units in service when ready.

Last edited:

blacklabman

This happened about four vehicles behind me as I was going to the convenience center. Who rear-ended whom. Couldn't tell looking in the rear view mirror.

blacklabman

Motorcyclist rear ended the SUV

In front of me there was a vehicle making a left hand turn. Uncharacteristic of So. MD drivers, all behind him had stopped instead of passing on the right (against the law). That is probably what caught the motorcyclist off guard.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
4 and Wildewood Pkwy

1028; Chief 1A advising the availability of the helo
1028; Fireboard advising call by call
1028; 32 YOM rear ended a vehicle, broken right leg, deep laceration to the chin
1028; Rear ended approx 25-30 mph
1029; Patient is conscious and alert
1030; Chief 1A advising no need for the squad, Engine 92 advising to keep Squad 7 en route
1031; 92 returning the squad
1037; Rt 4 in the area is shut down completely
1045; 798 handling the transport to SMH, command terminated, units in service when ready.

Not it!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Did he sacfricie his body to save his bike??

Looks like there is NO damage to the bike at all.. and for somebody rearending an SUV the front end is in REAL good shape..

Or did he do the CHiPS slide for life??

blacklabman

Looks like there is NO damage to the bike at all.. and for somebody rearending an SUV the front end is in REAL good shape..

He was on a Yamaha. It was down in the northbound lane with pieces about. The Harley may have been a riding companion.

That's what I was thinking, but the back of the SUV has a pretty good ding in it. I don't think the tire made contact, but all the M/C lights aren't quite where they belong.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Looks to me, you can see damage on the right side front of the tank, that our boy broke his right leg when it and, I guess, his shoulder and so forth, hit the SUV. Looks like he almost got by it without impact. I'd guess he locked it up and the ass end slid around, L to R, so, rider took a lot of the blow.

I think he was REAL close to that no happening.

SUX!!!!