Local Fundraiser to benefit children @ Monterey Me

frequentflier

happy to be living
Beginning at noon on the 22nd of April at Monterey Mexican Restaurant of Lusby, fundraiser to benefit the NASCAR Foundation (children).

Silent auction
Food & Drink Specials
NASCAR Unites Merchandise

About The NASCAR Foundation
Our Mission Statement: The NASCAR Foundation embodies the compassion of the NASCAR Family and its commitment to serving communities. The NASCAR Foundation seeks to raise funds and increase volunteerism to support nonprofit charities and charitable causes throughout the nation with an emphasis placed on initiatives that affect the ability of children to live, learn and play.

Our Impact Statement: Since 2006, The NASCAR Foundation has contributed more than $13 Million in charitable support and helped provide medical treatment for more than 24,000 children annually at Speediatrics, fulfilled more than 600 NASCAR Dreams, sent more than 1,100 kids to Victory Junction camp, recruited 12,000 fans to become part of a Volunteer Network and created educational opportunities for school-aged students that help to engage them in science and engineering programs.

Is there contact info if people have questions or want to make donations?

frequentflier

happy to be living
Yes, sorry for not listing.

Louis is the owner of Monterey Mexican Restaurant, 11753 Hg Trueman Road Lusby, MD 20657 (410) 326-9595.

The organizer is Lara, you can send her an email at:
nygunks at gmail dot com

Would most appreciate any donations / attendance.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/nygunks/NascarFoundation.jpg

PPP donated a large Midwest dog bed with fleece insert today for the silent auction. (value $100+) Lara is my hairdresser and she is the BEST! Hope you all can make it down and support this terrific fundraiser!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Awesome, thanks much Peppers!
Sounds like there will be auction items that will appeal to many.
Much more, but a few of the items I know of:

Longaberger baskets

NASCAR items to include:

Sheet metal off of Richard Petty’s car driven by Michael Annett during the Nationwide Series season opener Drive4COPD 300 at Daytona

Pair of Lug nuts from James Buescher’s car from his win at Nationwide Series season opener Drive4COPD 300 at Daytona

Think a Mark Martin autographed item

BuMp