What businesses are missing in Southern Maryland

dfonv003

SOMD Photographer
1. What business product or service are you looking for in somd?

2. Have you found an alternative and how difficult was it to find?

3. What would it mean to you if someone offered the it to you?

I'd have to say
1. Another phone provider other than comcast.

2. Nope

3. I'd switch tomorrow.

Dukesdad

an actual woodworkers supply store. Not like home depot or lowes deans hardware type store. I mean an actual woodworkers supply or rockler or something like that.

bohman

1. A pediatrician that accepts both new patients and my insurance.

2. Family doctor instead of traditional pediatrician, and yes.

3. Better care for my kids. Hard to get more important than that.

TPD

the poor dad
You know, we as a society are screwing ourselves when it comes to 'bricks & mortar' stores. Most shop on the internet now to save a few bucks, but not after 1st going to a physical location to touch and feel the product, and question the sales people. Businesses can not make money like this. I just read that Best Buy is in trouble because of this. I feel obligated to buy if I have taken someone's time to learn what they know.

C

czygvtwkr

Cable company other than Metrocrap

And a +1 on the woodworking store, say a woodcraft or rockler

A Home depot within 20 miles of the Lowes, i dread going there on a saturday its soo crowded.

Oh and a good old fashioned bakery, not one of the cheap ass ones that is inside of a grocery store.

dustin

UAIOE
large, affordable, off-base, day care center

1,000 yard public access shooting range

ferry service (and expanded roadways) from piney point, md to eastern shore, VA (kinsale/tappahannock)

ginwoman

Cable company other than Metrocrap

And a +1 on the woodworking store, say a woodcraft or rockler

A Home depot within 20 miles of the Lowes, i dread going there on a saturday its soo crowded.

Oh and a good old fashioned bakery, not one of the cheap ass ones that is inside of a grocery store.

Dysons in Great Mills is a nice store (kind of like a mini Lowes)

Isn't there a bakery in Wildewood? Maybe it went out of beez wax.

punjabigyrl

1. Wanted to a gift basketcompany locally other than edible arragements and flowers shops.

2. Found a Giftbasket company locally in Saint Mary's county, was recommended not hard to find. Timeless Gifts and Baskets

3. love the service, less headache to deal with she has all my important dates for birthdays, anniversary, congrats, thank you, valentines, christmas etc. to all my relatives, friends, co-workers, school teachers kids etc.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
an actual woodworkers supply store. Not like home depot or lowes deans hardware type store. I mean an actual woodworkers supply or rockler or something like that.

ANything in particular you are having a hard time finding??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You know, we as a society are screwing ourselves when it comes to 'bricks & mortar' stores. Most shop on the internet now to save a few bucks, but not after 1st going to a physical location to touch and feel the product, and question the sales people. Businesses can not make money like this. I just read that Best Buy is in trouble because of this. I feel obligated to buy if I have taken someone's time to learn what they know.

I'd love to give my business to Lowes and not the internet, but they don't sell the cordless tools I like (and are pretty much married to).. and I don't know how many time I've been there and they've said..
"Nope, we don't have that, you should check a hardware store!!"

To which I just look them in the eye and without saying a word telepathically transmit.. "REALLY? Where the hell AM I??"

I found one hardware store that does sell Makita, and they had one corded 10 inch cirucular saw on the shelf.. NO cordless, let alone the 18v Li_Ion I'm looking for.. TOOLKING.com ALWAYS has them, and usually just the bare tools (how many chargers and batteries do you need!??) For a bare tool, you can pay as little as 25% of the retail price of the tool, charger battery and a case..

Last edited: