commissary renovations!

libby

I am so excited to see the sign in front of the commissary that says it's being renovated! While I appreciate that the goal of the commissary is not the same as regular chains, it surely will be nice to have (presumably) a nice, bright place to shop!
Anyone know any details about what is going to change?

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I am so excited to see the sign in front of the commissary that says it's being renovated! While I appreciate that the goal of the commissary is not the same as regular chains, it surely will be nice to have (presumably) a nice, bright place to shop!
Anyone know any details about what is going to change?

Sorry, don't know the details, but would love to know myself.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Second that! Are they renovating or rebuilding? I've been trying to figure out what's going up next to the Exchange.
That will be the new day care center.

They are going to close the other three on base and make it one big building

glhs837

Power with Control
Sure about that? I was under the impression that this one was only replacing the one by the family service center, not the youth center by the pool. And there is a third child care on base? Unless you are counting the teen center as a separate one?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Second that! Are they renovating or rebuilding? I've been trying to figure out what's going up next to the Exchange.
I was in there on Tuesday and there was a lot of construction noise behind the cheese section. :lol: I bought frozen rolls there once and they were thawed out by the time I got home. I live five minutes away. :lmao:

Tech

Sure about that? I was under the impression that this one was only replacing the one by the family service center, not the youth center by the pool. And there is a third child care on base? Unless you are counting the teen center as a separate one?

I believe there is some child care down in couple of the bldgs. of the old hospital complex. They might be consolidating these into one facility.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville

I believe there is some child care down in couple of the bldgs. of the old hospital complex. They might be consolidating these into one facility.

Yeah I am sure. I am not sure about the teen center, I believe that isn't counted as a day care center. But there is one by the family center, one just up the street by the Flight Deck Lounge, and another one on base.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
They had frozen rolls?????? Guess they restocked - everytime I go in there, they're out of nearly everything and it doesn't seem to matter whether it's payday or not.
Oh yeah, they are always out of at least one thing on my list. :lol: When I went in on Tuesday the freezer case where they keep the frozen veggies was completely empty. They moved some of it next to the partially melted ice cream, but who knows where the rest of it ended up. :lol: