USNA: “Indian runs” is Offensive

Odessa78

An official at the U.S. Naval Academy strongly is urging officers to no longer refer to the exercise “Indian runs” as such in order not to offend Native Americans, according to a series of emails sent from the academy’s equal opportunity adviser and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The Academy

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Those who chose a career path in the burgeoning "Diversity Industry" have to create their own justifications for their existence. It's big..in the Navy it will soon be more important than material readiness, if it isn't already.:coffee:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Doesn't matter - the white peoples, and all things good that theys has dones, is at faults, no matter whats.....

Just ask obamas, democratsis, holders and hisis......

CrashTest

Many Indians don't like being called Native Americans. They don't consider themselves Americans.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand why a term such as "Indian runs" or "Redskins" that is meant to compliment the stealth and bravery of Native Americans would be considered offensive or derogatory.

I mean, I can understand why they wouldn't like Redskins *now*, but it was originally meant as a compliment.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Either they (the Navy) don't know what an "Indian Run" really is, or it's connection the Native Americans.. (I doubt they like being called Indians either as they aren't REALLY from India).

But I'm amazed that anyone in the Navy has any knowledge of ANY kind of run..

BOP

An official at the U.S. Naval Academy strongly is urging officers to no longer refer to the exercise “Indian runs” as such in order not to offend Native Americans, according to a series of emails sent from the academy’s equal opportunity adviser and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The Academy

Earlier today, Gary sent out another email apologizing for his use of the term “leap frogs”—a term that he speculates could be seen as offensive to the French.

Sounds like Master Chief Gary is setting up for a run for political office....patterning himself after his CIC, obviously.

:whistle: