Horse manure on hiking trails.

SugarBear47

While hiking around St. Mary's Lake yesterday, I had the most disgusting experience of wading threw mounds of horse manure on the trails. I understand there are designated horse trails but this was a people trail. It is 7.5 miles around the lake, but after 2 miles of this stinking unhealthy mess I couldn't stand it any longer and had to hike back through it to leave. I mean, dog owners are suppose to pick up there dog poop immediately and most do. Horse owners apparently are just too lazy, maybe. It is not the horses fault as they are only doing what comes naturally. I think people who want to take their horses for a nice long walk should at least carry a shovel, and when they hear a 'plop'...get off the horse and at least shovel it OFF the trail, for crying out loud. I realize this thread could take a bad turn, but that's ok, cause I can also see the humor in it. So any comments are appreciated.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The wrath of the horsey set is worse, than feral cat set or the smokers.
You need to find a safe house and a MPD.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The wrath of the horsey set is worse, than feral cat set or the smokers.
You need to find a safe house and a MPD.

It used to be easier to get an alternate ID. ####, you just need to move to Montana and go off the grid like the Unabomber. Horse people are worse than the Mafia. Not as bad as Pit Bull owners, though.

?

..._

While hiking around St. Mary's Lake yesterday, I had the most disgusting experience of wading threw mounds of horse manure on the trails. I understand there are designated horse trails but this was a people trail. It is 7.5 miles around the lake, but after 2 miles of this stinking unhealthy mess I couldn't stand it any longer and had to hike back through it to leave. I mean, dog owners are suppose to pick up there dog poop immediately and most do. Horse owners apparently are just too lazy, maybe. It is not the horses fault as they are only doing what comes naturally. I think people who want to take their horses for a nice long walk should at least carry a shovel, and when they hear a 'plop'...get off the horse and at least shovel it OFF the trail, for crying out loud. I realize this thread could take a bad turn, but that's ok, cause I can also see the humor in it. So any comments are appreciated.

Hay, oats, grass, water all rolled into one biodegradeable unit. It is free manure for ones garden. Life is good!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:lol: Where the hell do you think you live? If you can't stand a few road apples get your dumbass back to the city where you belong

bcp

In My Opinion
I have to agree with the OP, if the trail is clearly marked for foot traffic there should be no reason to wade through the mess the horse leaves behind.

I suggest duct taping a garbage bag under the horses ass when on trails that way you can simply back the horse up to a garbage can and let the bag drop.

SugarBear47

Horse manure on hiking trails

It used to be easier to get an alternate ID. ####, you just need to move to Montana and go off the grid like the Unabomber. Horse people are worse than the Mafia. Not as bad as Pit Bull owners, though.

LOL..very funny to hear this because I actually DO have horse/mafia in-laws over in Calaway. Seriously. I'm scared.

SugarBear47

horse manure on hiking trails

I have to agree with the OP, if the trail is clearly marked for foot traffic there should be no reason to wade through the mess the horse leaves behind.

I suggest duct taping a garbage bag under the horses ass when on trails that way you can simply back the horse up to a garbage can and let the bag drop.

I LOVE IT!!! Ok horse people...get with the show!!

SugarBear47

horse manure on hiking trails

:lol: Where the hell do you think you live? If you can't stand a few road apples get your dumbass back to the city where you belong

I live in Calvert. Hardly city. And I normally hike at our State park in Lusby but decided on a change. My husband says that's the difference between Calvert and St. Mary's....clean healthy air versus a little bit of beauty at the lake. Is it worth it...nope not to me. I must say the Calvert Cliffs state park is very very clean and maintained and I will never complain ever again about paying that 5 bucks on Sat. to walk.

PrepH4U

I find it funny that you "waded" through mounds of horse manure for two miles before you decided to turn back and "wade" through it again. It must really be deep, next time wear hip waders. :lol:

I find it funny that you "waded" through mounds of horse manure for two miles before you decided to turn back and "wade" through it again. It must really be deep, next time wear hip waders. :lol:

I like to pick 'em up and toss them at the guys behind me. Hey, I'm ahead of them on a trail knee deep in horse crap. They won't catch me.

bcp

In My Opinion
yet you felt the need to start this thread :drama:

really, what a bunch of horse crap.

by the way, couldn't the same be said for the horse owners? they choose to ride on a public walking trail, why shouldn't they just go with whats right and clean up after their horses.

really, what a bunch of horse crap.

by the way, couldn't the same be said for the horse owners? they choose to ride on a public walking trail, why shouldn't they just go with whats right and clean up after their horses.

That is why. :whistle:

nobody really

I need a nap
I live in Calvert. Hardly city. And I normally hike at our State park in Lusby but decided on a change. My husband says that's the difference between Calvert and St. Mary's....clean healthy air versus a little bit of beauty at the lake. Is it worth it...nope not to me. I must say the Calvert Cliffs state park is very very clean and maintained and I will never complain ever again about paying that 5 bucks on Sat. to walk.

:confused: