Foryour consideration

BernieP

Resident PIA
I was somewhat involved (as a very close observer) to a traffic incident that has me somewhat conflicted. On one hand, I'm happy the driver got her comeupance from the deputy, but I'm concerned the joe average citizen would not have recieved the same treatment.

Here is the scenario: Northbound RT235 at rush hour.
Car, which was stopped, in the outside left had turn land at MacAurther BLVD decides to swing out into the left hand lane - an abrupt, unsignaled lane change. Pulls right in front of an ambulance. Ambulance did not have lights or sirens, was driving at speed limit (if not below). Ambulance driver expressed his displeasure with the siren. On departing the light he gave a toot on the air horn. The lady driving the car gives that little waive smile thing (as in F you, get over it).

In front of this lady is a deputy, the deputy pulls into the center lane to allow her to pass and the ambulance to pull along side. After a discussion, the deputy pulls the lady over at CRRd.

I'm happy for it. But here's the dilema, I have a several other vehicles making erratic, unsignaled, lane changes in the same quarter mile.
If we honked our horn, what would the deputy's response have been?
My guess is he would not have asked for our input, if anything we would have been cited for road rage :howdy:

Thoughts

<---- Has serious road rage. Not denying it. :coffee:

I just choose not to act on it. Instead, I get myself put on Wellbutrin and Xanax which DOESNT ####ING WORK ANYWAY!!!!!! :mad: :cds:

People drive like IDIOTS AROUND HERE AND IT PISSES ME OFF :mad: As if they are the only ones on the road and entitled to make any move they want.

They can all EAT CHIT AND DIE!!!! :mad:

If the deputy was in front of the situation he/she may not have even witnessed but rather heard about it over the police radio straight from the ambulance driver.

I have seen police go after stupid drivers who offend the average joe before...:shrug:

MMDad

Lem Putt
My guess is he would not have asked for our input, if anything we would have been cited for road rage :howdy:

Thoughts

I've seen a similar thing happen with no ambulance involved and the result was similar.

(b) When to be used. -- The driver of a motor vehicle shall, when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation, give audible warning with his horn, but may not otherwise use the horn when on a highway.

I doubt any cop would cite you for using your horn in the situation described. The statute doesn't say you can use your horn, it says you shall use your horn.

Depends on the situation. I was heading NB on 235 on the bike, approaching Maple. Got into the far right turn lane to make a legal right turn. Idiot in one of the driveways, I think it was ServPro, looked straight at me and pulled out in front of me, then tries to force his way into the right lane from the turn lane. Rush hour, so the lane to my left was full up and not moving. I hit the brakes and the horn. There was a cop to my left. Instead of following and citing the dummy, he pulls out behind me to make sure I was actually going to make a right turn at the light.

BOP

<---- Has serious road rage. Not denying it. :coffee:

I just choose not to act on it. Instead, I get myself put on Wellbutrin and Xanax which DOESNT ####ING WORK ANYWAY!!!!!! :mad: :cds:

People drive like IDIOTS AROUND HERE AND IT PISSES ME OFF :mad: As if they are the only ones on the road and entitled to make any move they want.

They can all EAT CHIT AND DIE!!!! :mad:

You need to have your pipes cleaned.

:coffee:

BernieP

Resident PIA
If the deputy was in front of the situation he/she may not have even witnessed but rather heard about it over the police radio straight from the ambulance driver.

I have seen police go after stupid drivers who offend the average joe before...:shrug:

I doubt the deputy saw it, and doubt it went out over the radio, he clearly spoke to the ambulance driver and then went after the car.
Question isn't so much about what happned, but do you think an officer would respond that way to a civilian?
If you honked, would they drop back and ask, "what's the problem" and then act on it?
You see in the one case, it wasn't the vehicle that failed to yeild the right of way that was stopped, but the person who was assumed to be reckless.

ciwmj

I doubt the deputy saw it, and doubt it went out over the radio, he clearly spoke to the ambulance driver and then went after the car.
Question isn't so much about what happned, but do you think an officer would respond that way to a civilian?
If you honked, would they drop back and ask, "what's the problem" and then act on it?
You see in the one case, it wasn't the vehicle that failed to yeild the right of way that was stopped, but the person who was assumed to be reckless.

I am surprised that the deputy did anything. About two years ago a car pulled out into traffic NOT yeilding to traffic,directly in front of us.We had to perform evasive action to avoid being hit by the car. Directly behind us was a deputy who observed the whole incident and had to also swerve to avoid the car. Guess what the deputy did,NOTHING. We sent an e-mail to the sherriff about this and never recieved any response.

perfectorec

I absolutely would have pulled someone over if I was flagged down by a non emergency vehicle. I have little tolerance for aggressive/bonehead drivers.

drivingdaisy

Can't there be "patients" in the ambulance even if their lights or sirens aren't on. That might be a good enough reason to give a lecture to the dummy driver.