medivac

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Drunk male that was heavily intoxicated fell down and had a severe head injury. Flown out category alpha, priority 1. Helo went to PG

ginwoman

Drunk male that was heavily intoxicated fell down and had a severe head injury. Flown out category alpha, priority 1. Helo went to PG

Is priority 1 the worst? Dang, he must have fallen on a rock or something.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Is priority 1 the worst? Dang, he must have fallen on a rock or something.

I think priority 4 is the worst, from what I remember about the codes there, that means dead. Priority 1 would be someone needing immediate help.

EMTchick

Actually according to MIEMSS Protocols patient priorities are defined as

"Priority 1: Critically ill or injured person requiring immediate attention; unstable patients with life-threatening injury or illness."

"Priority 2: Less serious condition yet potentionally life-threatening injury or illness, requiring emergency medical attention but not immediately endangering the patients life."

"Priority 3: Non-emergent condition, requiring medical attention but not on an emergency basis."

"Priority 4: Does not require medical attention"

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I would say yes according to this.

According to G1G4

Priority 1 - The most urgent and time critical priority.
Priority 3 - Routine.
Priority 4 - Fatality.

Taken from

http://forums.somd.com/scanner-activity/189821-scanner-terms-faqs-basic-information.html

Actually according to MIEMSS Protocols patient priorities are defined as

"Priority 1: Critically ill or injured person requiring immediate attention; unstable patients with life-threatening injury or illness."

"Priority 2: Less serious condition yet potentionally life-threatening injury or illness, requiring emergency medical attention but not immediately endangering the patients life."

"Priority 3: Non-emergent condition, requiring medical attention but not on an emergency basis."

"Priority 4: Does not require medical attention"

The only difference in that (other than not using priority 2, not sure why I didn't include that) is that priority 4 is used for a subject not requiring care. Right?

sockgirl77

The only difference in that (other than not using priority 2, not sure why I didn't include that) is that priority 4 is used for a subject not requiring care. Right?

And if you're dead then you do not require care. :ohwell: