Trust Me, I'm Lying

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator by Ryan Holiday

"You’ve seen it all before. A malicious online rumor costs a company millions. A political sideshow derails the national news cycle and destroys a candidate. Some product or celebrity zooms from total obscurity to viral sensation. What you don’t know is that someone is responsible for all this. Usually, someone like me.

I’m a media manipulator. In a world where blogs control and distort the news, my job is to control blogs—as much as any one person can.

In today’s culture…
1) Blogs like Gawker, Buzzfeed and the Huffington Post drive the media agenda.
2) Bloggers are slaves to money, technology, and deadlines.
3) Manipulators wield these levers to shape everything you read, see and watch—online and off.

Why am I giving away these secrets? Because I'm tired of a world where blogs take indirect bribes, marketers help write the news, reckless journalists spread lies, and no one is accountable for any of it. I'm pulling back the curtain because I don't want anyone else to get blindsided.

I’m going to explain exactly how the media really works. What you choose to do with this information is up to you."

[amazon]159184553X[/amazon]

mamatutu

mama to two
I thought this thread was going to be about Obama's lying, but that would be odd for you, nh. Have you read The Amateur by Edward Klein, yet? :patriot:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What you don’t know is that someone is responsible for all this.

Only the tragically stupid do not know how the media works.

Unfortunately it appears that the vast majority of our population is tragically stupid.