Crazy celebrities

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is it that entertainers and celebrities are pretty much nuts? My theory is that it comes from being creative, as in their brain is just wired differently and they don't think the same way us normal people do.

It's not because we hear about their antics and don't have that sort of view into the lives of non-celebrities; how many of your friends get drunk and fight in parking lots, OD on drugs, or commit suicide? Seriously, if real life people did things like that we'd stay way far away from their train wreck.

I also wonder sometimes if these stars just make up craziness for attention. Like, Randy Travis - his name hasn't been mentioned in years and most of us had probably forgotten he even existed. So he makes up a bunch of drunken antics, gets back in the public eye, and releases a new CD to capitalize on his recaptured fame.

Take Kim Kardashian, for example. Guys lust over her but if she showed up on your doorstep and begged you to be her boyfriend, you'd last about one week before her neuroses and obsessions made you run like hell. And if that didn't get you, she'd take you home to meet Mom and THAT should pretty much do it unless you're insane like her.

Dunno, but it's interesting that we idolize (or are at least fascinated by) a bunch of mentally ill people.

MMDad

Lem Putt
They are no more or less crazy than everyone else. They just get coverage. Who is really more irrational - Tom Cruise or JPC? You just don't see JPC's antics all over the national news.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They are no more or less crazy than everyone else. They just get coverage. Who is really more irrational - Tom Cruise or JPC? You just don't see JPC's antics all over the national news.

Tom Cruise is way more irrational than JPC. At least JPC occasionally makes sense.

Also, in our little microcosm of society, how many JPCs can we name on this forum, compared to how many Tom Cruises we can name in Hollywood? JPC is an aberration in our world; Tom Cruise is the norm in his.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Tom Cruise is way more irrational than JPC. At least JPC occasionally makes sense.

Also, in our little microcosm of society, how many JPCs can we name on this forum, compared to how many Tom Cruises we can name in Hollywood? JPC is an aberration in our world; Tom Cruise is the norm in his.

JPC
Mamatutu
Mousebaby
Azzy

And many more. Take any one of them and put their insanity on national TV with some good editing and you suddenly make Cruise into the model of normalcy.

Tom Cruise usually does make sense. It's just that the only time you hear about him is when he's going off on another rant.

I know people who have worse records than Lohan. They just don't make the news. Is what she did actually natioanl newsworthy? Of course not.

You don't think that Honey boo boo's family is unusual, do you? They aren't freaks because they're famous or creative. They are just freaks.

I spend a lot of time trying to help some of the crazier people around here, so maybe I just have a different view than you do. :shrug:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Kim K., Britney, Miley, ...
They are all attention whores.

For many of them, Celebrity and Fame is the only real substance they have. If they aren't in the public eye then they feel the need to do something that will get them in the media. I'm sure for many of them, being talked about and in the news (whether good or bad) is something they crave. Career is taking a dive, gotta go get a DUI, shave my head, have a nip-slip, tweet somethin stupid, whateva. Oh and BTW go out and buy my latest CD or see my new movie... it's all :bs:

And yes Vrai, I agree about Kim K. Sure it'd be a lotta fun to tap that but just think of all the baggage that comes with that ass.
:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kim K. Sure it'd be a lotta fun to tap that

This is a real question:

Why?

What makes you think she would be worth the time and effort? Seriously. She's quite pretty when she's not caked with makeup and false eyelashes but she is very high maintenance, and that doesn't sound like fun to me at all.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I know who these "famous" people are - vaguely. I don't pay attention to them. Tom Cruise is an actor who is okay. Lindsey Lohen is something - actress ? singer? No clue. Randy Travis - probably always had issues, because when I was a little girl my daddy said Travis was a criminal and it was a shame that got a recording contract because he belonged in prison. Kim Kardashin is a reality tv show person I've heard - wouldn't be able to pick her out of a line-up. Britney Spears I know was singer. I'm not sure who Miley is. And the only reason I know Honey Boo Boo is a reality tv show person is because Vrai watches it or something.

Really why even bother paying attention to these folks? And not all celebs are crazy or are making the news as being crazy. However I would think that anybody who has the flair for the dramatic is a dramatic person and would seek drama. Or something like that.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Why is it that entertainers and celebrities are pretty much nuts? My theory is that it comes from being creative, as in their brain is just wired differently and they don't think the same way us normal people do. Dunno, but it's interesting that we idolize (or are at least fascinated by) a bunch of mentally ill people.
Many of them are the kids of older actors. I saw a documentary a while back which showed that many of the kids who we watched on TV are either dead, totally addicted or emotionally damaged because of the effects of being a child actor. They were mostly NOT raised by their parents either. Their school is on the set and it usually is their all day babysitter too.

McAuley Culkin was the most adorable kids I think I ever watched in a movie but look how he ended up...

This is a real question:

Why?

What makes you think she would be worth the time and effort? Seriously. She's quite pretty when she's not caked with makeup and false eyelashes but she is very high maintenance, and that doesn't sound like fun to me at all.

I am not even bisexual and I wouldn't kick her out of bed. :coffee:

She is gorgeous. There would just be no talking allowed. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
However I would think that anybody who has the flair for the dramatic is a dramatic person and would seek drama.

:yay: That sums up nicely what I was saying above: that they just don't think the same way we do, and that's what makes them artistic, creative, and nutters.

I also think it's interesting that someone would want to have sex with a (reportedly) personally repugnant stranger just because they're physically attractive. I've never understood the concept of that.

:yay: That sums up nicely what I was saying above: that they just don't think the same way we do, and that's what makes them artistic, creative, and nutters.

I also think it's interesting that someone would want to have sex with a (reportedly) personally repugnant stranger just because they're physically attractive. I've never understood the concept of that.

Alcohol :yay: Getting annoying people laid for centuries.

jetmonkey

Why is it that entertainers and celebrities are pretty much nuts? My theory is that it comes from being creative, as in their brain is just wired differently and they don't think the same way us normal people do.

It's not because we hear about their antics and don't have that sort of view into the lives of non-celebrities; how many of your friends get drunk and fight in parking lots, OD on drugs, or commit suicide? Seriously, if real life people did things like that we'd stay way far away from their train wreck.

I also wonder sometimes if these stars just make up craziness for attention. Like, Randy Travis - his name hasn't been mentioned in years and most of us had probably forgotten he even existed. So he makes up a bunch of drunken antics, gets back in the public eye, and releases a new CD to capitalize on his recaptured fame.

Take Kim Kardashian, for example. Guys lust over her but if she showed up on your doorstep and begged you to be her boyfriend, you'd last about one week before her neuroses and obsessions made you run like hell. And if that didn't get you, she'd take you home to meet Mom and THAT should pretty much do it unless you're insane like her.

Dunno, but it's interesting that we idolize (or are at least fascinated by) a bunch of mentally ill people.

don't you watch honey boo boo :confused:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
JPC

Tom Cruise usually does make sense. It's just that the only time you hear about him is when he's going off on another rant.

Every time I've actually sat and listened to him interviewed, I found myself looking for the antennas and gills and marveling at the great make up job to hide his alien features. I get and understand JPC. Don't agree with much but, at least it's English to me and simply disagreement.

If Tom Cruise is from this planet, it's a part there is no Rosetta Stone for in order to learn the language.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Vrai, I never said she would be worth the time and effort. My point was that she has too much chit to deal with however she is a hottie. (I agree that she should get rid of the caked on makeup) For me, Kim K. falls into that category of women that only have 1 thing goin for them - their looks. I think for men, it all comes down to which head gets more blood or basically which head we decide to think with. The physical-attraction animal-instinct in me makes one head think she would be a fun f**k but the serious mature proper-manners part of me makes the other head think she's not worth anything. So which one do I let take control?

I am not even bisexual and I wouldn't kick her out of bed. :coffee:
She is gorgeous. There would just be no talking allowed. :yay:

Exactly, no talking. Just :dye:
:killingme