A little bit feral

Terrylt7

We live in a neighborhood where this one woman puts food out and a few ferals hang out there to eat and they keep having kittens. This morning my husband seen a kitten in her yard and told me about it. A little calico. So a little while ago I walked over there, and there were two kittens next to bush in her yard. Their eyes were m ess with goo, one of them really bad. Not sure if she will be able to see out of it. I got the little grey one(beautiful long hair) and she is female. I went back there and now there were two calicos, another long hair and beautiful. I couldn't catch the one that had the worse eye. I left a note in her door if she caught it to let me know and i would come get it. That is three females that in less then a year will have more kittens. It makes me so mad. I have had cats for all my life, so I kind of know what to do with their eyes but was wondering if you all hd any ideas. I'm gonna try a rescue that might would spay them, it sure would help. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. I just couldnt leave those babies out there and i pray I can get the other one. Fingers crossed.

Terry

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
We live in a neighborhood where this one woman puts food out and a few ferals hang out there to eat and they keep having kittens. This morning my husband seen a kitten in her yard and told me about it. A little calico. So a little while ago I walked over there, and there were two kittens next to bush in her yard. Their eyes were m ess with goo, one of them really bad. Not sure if she will be able to see out of it. I got the little grey one(beautiful long hair) and she is female. I went back there and now there were two calicos, another long hair and beautiful. I couldn't catch the one that had the worse eye. I left a note in her door if she caught it to let me know and i would come get it. That is three females that in less then a year will have more kittens. It makes me so mad. I have had cats for all my life, so I kind of know what to do with their eyes but was wondering if you all hd any ideas. I'm gonna try a rescue that might would spay them, it sure would help. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. I just couldnt leave those babies out there and i pray I can get the other one. Fingers crossed.

Terry

several people here have traps that could help you catch them

also the sooner you get the eyes taken care of the better chance they will have.

also check with calvert well pet clinic.... they may give you a good deal on things..

and thanks so much for what you are doing!! :huggy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'd be happy to help get the cats fixed at the Humane Society in Waldorf if we can can come up with donations to pay for it. I can also work with the person who is feeding the cats so we can catch the others.

Terrylt7

I'd be happy to help get the cats fixed at the Humane Society in Waldorf if we can can come up with donations to pay for it. I can also work with the person who is feeding the cats so we can catch the others.

That would be great! Since she is feeding feral, cats does she have any right to say we can't do it? I seen the mom(or I figure its the mom over when I went the last time to see if I could catch the last one. Plus a grey one and I know there were a couple orange ones that are about 1 year old. I have a couple traps I bought last summer when my cat got out of the house by accident. It took me close to a week but I got her. She was as glad to see me as I was her. I am not sure she will let me sit the traps in the yard, I think she likes them being there, which sorry for my dirty mouth but it pisses me off. If you are going to feed them have them fixed!!!! There are places out there that would help. Its funny I called about getting these kittens fixed t the humane society and they said someone would call me. They are beautiful kittens!! Thanks

Terry

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That would be great! Since she is feeding feral, cats does she have any right to say we can't do it? I seen the mom(or I figure its the mom over when I went the last time to see if I could catch the last one. Plus a grey one and I know there were a couple orange ones that are about 1 year old. I have a couple traps I bought last summer when my cat got out of the house by accident. It took me close to a week but I got her. She was as glad to see me as I was her. I am not sure she will let me sit the traps in the yard, I think she likes them being there, which sorry for my dirty mouth but it pisses me off. If you are going to feed them have them fixed!!!! There are places out there that would help. Its funny I called about getting these kittens fixed t the humane society and they said someone would call me. They are beautiful kittens!! Thanks

Terry

I understand how a person starts feeding feral cats. I started out doing that myself and after a short time, it hit me that these cats were reproducing (duh), and if I was going to feed them, I needed to get them fixed.

I found out by research that if an animal doesn't have sufficient nutrition, and they get pregnant, their body will absorb the fetuses in response to lack of proper nutrition. So, with good nutrition they actually produce more kittens, and are capable of having more litters per year (makes sense). So I decided I was responsible for at least one or two litters of kittens by feeding the ferals for about 4-6 months. That's when I started using the Trap Neuter Release (TNR) method of managing the feral colony.

I fed/cared for that colony for 12 years, and during that time I had all 30+ cats fixed, about 1/2 were placed in homes, the rest died off as most ferals only live short lives due to lack of regular medical care, and the dangers of being outside all the time (weather, predatory animals, hit by cars, etc).

I have had good success with getting donations for feral spay/neuter. It certainly makes a serious dent in the overpopulation of feral cats. I'd love to chat with the person who feeds them to explain how feral-cat friendly I am. I always want the best for the cats, and for their care-takers. I appreciate anyone who is willing to help the ferals, we need more people to help if we can get them to also assist with the spay/neuter process.

Terrylt7

You "SAW" the cat you did not "seen" the cat.

So what? You should be teaching English in the schools instead of sitting around on your computer. Maybe I could find you a job tutoring.:whistle: Possibly it would take up more of your time, instead of wasting your frigging time on here, just looking for something to put your two cents in the conversation. And if your looking for a topic too stir the pot, forget it. I will start looking for you a job at the schools? Did you graduate high school? Ok now I am done with you teacher..........:killingme:howdy::lmao::blahblah::buttkiss:

Terrylt7

Hi,
We could email about the cats. I talked to the lady yesterday.

Terry

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So what? You should be teaching English in the schools instead of sitting around on your computer. Maybe I could find you a job tutoring.:whistle: Possibly it would take up more of your time, instead of wasting your frigging time on here, just looking for something to put your two cents in the conversation. And if your looking for a topic too stir the pot, forget it. I will start looking for you a job at the schools? Did you graduate high school? Ok now I am done with you teacher..........:killingme:howdy::lmao::blahblah::buttkiss:

:killingme