Cat "Soiling" behavior

homedepot20

I need any feedback, suggestions , opinions . Have 3 adult cats ( 1 Female ,2 Male) from same litter 4 years old . Problem is 1 is using the living room couch as a litter box (both types) Have 3 litter boxes that are cleaned daily & are kept in rear house bath room & spare room . Entry to both is from hallway . I THINK the female is guilty due to fact 1 of males is aggressive in mourning hours and MIGHT be blocking hallway entrance . I'm thinking maybe I will start keeping aggressive male closed up in spare room at night so female doesn't feel threaten or stressed out by not having easy access to litter box . Anyone had this issue or can give me HELP . Don't want to resort to final solution of getting rid of cat or cats .

Jeter3000

Nothing worse than the smell of cat urine. IF you ever get the smell out of your furniture, I have seen sprays that can be used to deter further episodes. It might end up being either you and the furniture, or the cat. We all know that they can be stubborn, vindictive little SOB's. Good luck.