# Seis...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Question 6
Referendum Petition
(Ch. 2 of the 2012 Legislative Session)
Civil Marriage Protection Act

Establishes that Maryland’s civil marriage laws allow gay and lesbian couples to obtain a civil marriage license, provided they are not otherwise prohibited from marrying; protects clergy from having to perform any particular marriage ceremony in violation of their religious beliefs; affirms that each religious faith has exclusive control over its own theological doctrine regarding who may marry within that faith; and provides that religious organizations and certain related entities are not required to provide goods, services, or benefits to an individual related to the celebration or promotion of marriage in violation of their religious beliefs.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
As much as homosexuality is disgusting, I would be ok with this if they called it a civil union not a marriage. I need to think more on it.

PJumper

As much as homosexuality is disgusting, I would be ok with this if they called it a civil union not a marriage. I need to think more on it.

I'm with you. I have no problem with people of the same sex getting involved in domestic partnership or civil union. Once you call it a Marriage however, it would open lawsuits against churches. Just look at the Obamacare trying to force religious institutions to provide contraceptives to their employees against their beliefs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The way it's written is stupid and wishy washy, but gays want it and I don't care - so I'll vote yes.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Leaning yes, but won't know for sure until I'm standing in front of the machine.

What is current law? It looks like it is written to confuse everyone so they approve gay marriage.

The think is so poorly written that I am not sure how it can even hold up as law.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I'll go with yes because it in no way forces churches to change their doctrine and its only a civil union.

bcp

In My Opinion
leaning heavy toward a yes.
not 100% sure however becuase of two reasons.
1) it is a totally disqusting idea to have this type of sodomy allowed by law. and personally, I if it goes through, I hope they understand if I throw up in front of them when they pretend to be a real couple.

2) there is big money being made by those fighting for this, If you think they are going to just accept that they got what they wanted, then move on,, you are seriously mistaken.
They will then move to another agenda to fight for and continue making their money.
Maybe it will be throwing out the part that says a Church can refuse to marry them. Maybe it will be some law that makes it a hate crime when I puke at their feet, or point and laugh at them in public places.
But whatever it is, you can be sure that within a few months of it being allowed, they will be going to the church that the know wont marry them and then they will bring legal action against that church for denying them their right to play house.

So, Im torn.
Now if in the bill it was clearly stated that, You get marriage, and in return your activists will STFU and stop with all the foolish crap that does nothing but waste time and money,,,,
Maybe I would be less on the fence.